Oh Shoot

A month before I was due, Willy was sitting on the floor, while I was laying on the couch. He grinned at me, before laying his head on my stomach. "For some reason, I thought you'd be squishy," he said, drawing small circles on my belly.

"It'd be bad if I was squishy," I told him.

"I know," he kissed a spot.

"What's bothering you?" I asked.

"Do you think I'll be a good father?"

"I know you will be."

"How?"

"How you are with them now. You tell them stories and play with them and they aren't even born yet." I felt a kick and smiled, "See they agree." Willy placed his lips on the spot where they kicked. Then did it again in multiple other places.

"Do you think I got them both?" he asked.

"Yes," I laughed, "Now come here and give me mine." Willy moved closer, pressing his lips to mine. I felt another kick. "Hey," I laughed, "share."

"Which one do you think that was?" he asked.

"Willy," I replied, "The doctor said he was a bit of a show-off." There was another kick, but this time it actually hurt. "Willy," I said, my voice urgent. "I think- call the doctor."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Just call the doctor, Willy." He did as I said, and I grabbed the other phone, calling Mrs. Buckett.

"Hello?" she answered.

"What exactly do contractions feel like?" I asked.

"Somewhat like a kick but your belly will be firmer where it's happening. Do you think you're going into labor?"

"I believe so. Willy's calling the doctor." I glanced at Willy, who was staring at the phone. "Or he's in shock."

"I'll call the doctor, you get to the hospital room."

"Okay." I hung up and started to get up. Another contraction happened. "Fudge balls!" I exclaimed. Willy snapped out of it, and grabbed me, helping me stand. "Hospital room," I told him. "Mrs. Bucket called the doctor."

"I thought I did."

"No, you went into shock." I gripped tighter on him.

"Do you want the wheelchair?"

"Please." I sat down on the couch. Willy brought over the wheelchair we had brought up just in case. He helped me into it and then pushed me into the elevator.