Creeps

A few weeks later, Willy and I were working on the hair toffy in the inventing room. "Would you be willing to take a pregnancy test tonight?" Willy asked.

"Willy," I sighed, looking at him.

"I know, 'stop asking,'" he replied. I wrapped my arms around him. "I just don't like not knowing."

"I already know I'm not pregnant," I told him. Willy kissed my head, before continuing whatever he was doing with the formula. "I think it's best we don't focus on that," I continued, "and when it happens, it happens, and it will happen eventually." I let go of him, sitting in my chair.

"Are you sure?"

"It happened before, didn't it?" I whispered. Willy glanced at me and set his vials down.

"Come on," he said, holding out his hand. I placed mine in his and he started leading me to the chocolate room. He led me into our room, and we sat on a bench.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

"There's something on your mind." Willy placed me on his lap, kissing my cheek then my lips. "What is it?"

"I was just thinking about things," I sighed.

"Second thoughts?" he asked.

"No, I know I want a family with you, but I also know my mother died giving birth to me, and I'm scared. Especially, after losing the first one."

"We know you lost her because of the coma, Starshine," Willy replied. "The doctor said you should be fine now."

"Her?" I asked. "How do you know?"

"You were far enough along that we could tell." I sighed, nuzzling into his neck. "Do you want to wait a bit longer to try again?"

"No."

"What do you want, then?"

"Why were you happy that we didn't get to go on our Honeymoon?" I asked, changing the subject.

"When we returned to the factory," after the plane crashed, "the lawyer called. I already told you that they found your 'dad' and his friend staying in a hotel across from ours. What I didn't tell you was there room, would've seen directly into our room."

"Creeps," I muttered. "Is that why you're hesitant to plan a new one?"

"That's part of the reason."

"What's the other reason?"

"Well, I'm not quite sure Charlie's ready to run the factory by himself while we're gone."

"I understand."

"However," he continued. "I will start looking at places we can go that are closer to home. I think we need some proper alone time."

"Without Charlie walking in on us because someone forgot to lock the door."

"I was a bit preoccupied with my wife," Willy laughed, kissing me. "It's also your apartment."

"It's our's." I wrapped my arms around his neck. "And going by your logic, I was a bit preoccupied with my husband."

"I'm just glad he didn't see anything." I nodded, playing with his hair.

"You can get a cell phone, so Charlie can call us and you can check in."

"So where would you like to go?"

"Surprise me," I grinned.