Doctor Visit

The next morning, the doctor arrived. Willy explained what had happened the night before. He stood back while the doctor checked everything. "Do you remember anything today?" the doctor asked.

"Just bits and pieces of Willy and I's relationship," I replied.

"What about your family?" I thought for a moment.

"Charlie's my brother, which would make Mr. and Mrs. Bucket my parents."

"Adopted parents," Willy corrected.

"What happened to my real parents?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Well, your father died in a fire when you were twelve, and your mother died sometime after you were born."

"You could've just said that they died," I muttered. The doctor took the tubes out of my arm, and they left the room. I laid back down closing my eyes.

"Amandah!" I felt Willy grab my hand.

"I'm just resting my eyes," I told him, gently squeezing his hand. "What'd he say?"

"That you should be careful the next few days, just in case."

"When can I go back to our room?"

"Whenever you're ready."

"Did you tell Charlie?" I asked.

"Tell him what?"

"That I'm awake, and about the amnesia."

"Yes. He said he has the pictures from our wedding."

"I'd like to remember that."

"The doctor said that it should be the easiest to remember."

"Good." I sat up. "Let's go upstairs." Willy laughed. "What?"

"Well, our apartments are downstairs."

"No need to laugh," I mumbled, crossing my arms.

"There are stairs in mine, but I didn't put any in yours." He started helping me get dressed.

"I could get used to this," I laughed, as he pulled a shirt over my head. "Did you tell me stories?" I asked.

"About my travels," Willy replied. "Why?"

"'Cause I traveled a lot." He helped me stand, before wrapping an arm around my waist. My legs wobbled as I attempted to walk. Willy bent down and picked me up. I started to protest.

"Starshine, I told you, you have to be careful. We'll work on you doing things by yourself." I sighed but laid my head on his shoulder. "I'll put you down in the elevator."

"Earlier you said apartments. We don't share?"

"We mostly stay in yours, but my things are still in mine."

"Why don't you just bring your stuff to mine?" I asked. Willy set me down and pushed the button for the elevator.

"I suppose I could, but when you're better." He helped me into the elevator.

"I hate this thing," I mumbled. Willy wrapped his arms around my waist as we took off. I turned around laying my head on his chest. "Don't let go," I whispered. He laughed, holding tighter onto me.

"I won't," he kissed my head. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Strawberries?"

"Real food?"

"Strawberries are real food."

"Alright," he laughed, "but only because you haven't eaten yet."

When we arrived at the apartments, Willy set me on the couch before sitting on the floor next to me

When we arrived at the apartments, Willy set me on the couch before sitting on the floor next to me. I grinned, pulling his lips to mine. "I have something to show you," he said before our lips could meet. I pulled away, as he took a piece of paper out of his pocket.

"What is it?" I asked as he unfolded it.

"We sent each other notes, as we got ready," he replied. "Maybe reading them will help."

"I'm guessing you asked Charlie what the dress looked like?" I asked, laughing

"He said it was the ugliest dress he had ever seen."

"I told him to say that." I refolded the paper handing it back to him. "Did you ever tell me why you wanted it to have buttons?"

"No, but I had taken a dress off of you previously, and the way you reacted excited me." I felt my skin flush and tried to hide it. Willy kissed my head, standing up, "How about I get you those strawberries?" he asked.

~~~Willy 3rd P.O.V~~~

Willy went into the kitchen and took a deep breath. This is actual torture, he thought, How long can I keep it from her? How long will Charlie keep it from her? Heck, Charlie shouldn't even know, but he was there when it happened. He looked back into the living room, seeing Amandah hanging off the side of the couch and attempt to grab the T.V. remote from the coffee table. He sighed going and getting it for her. He adjusted her and made sure she was comfortable. "I told you, you need to be careful, starshine," he told her. "You can't be doing things like that."

"Sorry," she muttered. Willy went into the kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing the strawberries and putting them in a bowl. "Willy?" Amandah asked.

"Hmm?" He looked up seeing her turned towards him.

"I want to see the doctor before we try to start a family." Willy nearly dropped the bowl. "I understand if you're not ready, but when we are ready, I think it's best." He focused on handing her the dish. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he replied. "I just thought I saw a spider."

"No, you're hiding something. What is it?"

"I'll tell you later."