Driving

Willy started planning our redo honeymoon after we had fully moved his things to my apartment. We were walking around my closet and he was handing me things that I needed to pack. "Why do I need a swimsuit?" I asked. "It's winter."

"You just do," Willy replied. I followed him out of the closet and set the pile of clothes on the bed next to the suitcases.

"Do we even need this many clothes? We're more than likely going to be naked most of the time."

"Where we're going, I know you're going to want to do other things too."

"Where are we going?" I asked, folding clothes and putting them into the suitcase.

"That's a secret." Willy grabbed a pair of flipflops putting them in the side of the bag.

"No hints?" I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Nope," he grinned, pecking my lips. He went back into the closet, and I grabbed some underwear putting them into my bag, along with some lingerie, before closing up my suitcase and opening his. Willy came back with a few pairs of jeans and some shirts.

"I didn't know you had normal clothes," I laughed.

"I didn't before, I got them specifically for this trip." I kissed his cheek. "Did you grab everything?"

"Not yet, I still have to pack the things I'll use in the morning before we leave." I grabbed my towel from the door. "I'm going to go shower."

"'kay," he replied, turning his head for a kiss.

"Care to join me?" I asked, kissing him.

"I'll be there in a moment." I grinned, stealing another kiss before going into the bathroom.

~~~

The next morning, Willy double checked that we had everything. I made us some hot chocolate for the trip. "Do you need anything else?" he asked, coming into the kitchen.

"I think we got it all this morning," I responded, pouring the chocolate into travel mugs. "How long will we be on the road for?"

"A few hours at best." He picked up our suitcases and started out the door. I followed with our mugs and my blanket.

"Did you talk to Charlie?" I asked.

"Yes." We went outside where his car was waiting for us. I opened the trunk so he could put our suitcases in. "He swears everything will be intact when we return." Willy opened my door for me, taking the hot chocolate from me, as I buckled in and got situated. He then handed the mugs to me and shut the door. I set them in their cup holders.

"Will he be checking in frequently?" I asked as Willy started the car.

"Not too often, but often enough." I kissed his cheek. "No distracting me while I'm driving."

"It was just a kiss," I muttered, sitting back. I took a drink and looked out the window, watching trees pass by. Willy took my hand in his, and I looked back at him. He gently kissed my knuckles before letting go. I smiled at him.

~~~

An hour later, I had laid down, curled up on my seat. Willy chuckled. "Is your seat belt still on?" he asked.

"Yes, Willy. Do you want anything before I take a nap?"

"Not right now, starshine." I closed my eyes, eventually falling asleep.

~~~

I woke up to the smell of salt water. I looked at Willy, who had a grin on his face. "We're about 30 minutes away," he told me. I sat up, looking out the window, seeing the ocean. I kissed his cheek. "Excited?"

"Yes," I grinned, kissing his cheek again.

"Do you want me to pull the car over so you can give me a proper kiss?"

"I don't want you to stop until we get to the hotel."

"Then sit back down." I did as he said, putting my seat back up and adjusting my seatbelt.