A Simple Kiss

After I got out of the bath, Willy insisted on helping. With everything. I sighed letting him, knowing there would be no point in telling him I could do it myself. He guided me to the bed and sat behind me, brushing my hair. I noticed the bracelet his dad had got me on the bed. I picked it up, laughing.

"What is it?" Willy asked.

"Your dad said it was supposed to bring us luck," I told him. "Did he ever bring our wedding present?"

"No," he replied, "I forgot about it anyway." I turned to look at him.

"I don't think I was supposed to tell you about the bracelet." Willy chuckled, pressing his lips to mine. "I don't think it worked."

"It did, just not how we expected it."

"How?"

"Once you have all your memories right, I'll tell you."

"Or you telling me could help."

"Your dad and his friend were found in the same hotel I had booked for us."

"My dad?" I asked confused.

"Not your dad but someone that was pretending to be him."

"Why would someone do that?"I asked.

"No idea," he whispered, setting the brush on the nightstand. I climbed on his lap. "What are you doing?"

"I was going to kiss you," I told him.

"Not tonight, sweetheart." I frowned, getting off of him and laying on my side of the bed. "Amandah," Willy sighed. I ignored him. "It's just not a good idea. The way I want to kiss you is too dangerous."

"I don't want to have sex!" I exclaimed, sitting up. "I just want to kiss you before bed. Like we did before we were married!"

"I'm just looking out for your safety."

"A simple peck isn't safe," I muttered sarcastically.

"Usually when you sit on my lap you want more than a peck," he replied, meeting my gaze.

"Maybe I wanted a few, but that's what we used to do."

"I know, sweetheart." Willy sighed, kissing my head. "I'm glad you remember that," he whispered. I laid back down facing away from him. "You're still upset?"

"No," I mumbled. I felt him get out of bed. "Where are you going?"

"I'm just changing."

~~~

The next morning, I woke up with Willy's arm wrapped around me. I gently picked it up and slid out of bed. My legs feeling more stable than they had the night before, I made my way to the bathroom.

When I came out Willy was sitting up looking around the room. He noticed me and relaxed. "Did I wake you?" I asked.

"No, I was just worried that you were still in the hospital room, and the last few days were a dream." I climbed back into bed. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Better than yesterday," I replied. I pushed him back down and curled up next to him. "I'm sorry about last night."

"Nothing for you to be sorry about." He threaded his fingers in my hair. "The doctor said it was best if we didn't kiss, because of what it does to your body. He checked the monitor and noticed our kiss from the night you woke up. Then I told him you were light-headed afterward."

"How long until we can?"

"Until he says so."

"Not even on the head or cheek?"

"Those are fine."

"You do trust this doctor, right?"

"Yes, starshine."

A/n:

We gonna jump ahead to January when Charlie's school starts in the next chapter.