Twins!?

I had gotten pretty big, and Willy and I were at the doctor's office to get an ultrasound. "Are you nervous?" Willy asked.

"The only appointment I'm worried about is the giving birth one, and that's because the baby decides when that is," I replied.

"Hopefully they choose a good day," he laughed. We were called into the room then, and Willy squeezed my hand.

"Is your father coming?"

"He said he would try."

"He had the best reaction though."

"What about Grandpa George?"

"He yelled at us for taking too long."

"I thought it was funny." The nurse took my vitals and left the room. "I can't believe you're already so big."

"I'm almost seven months pregnant, Willy." I felt pressure on my belly, "Hi there," I said, "It's kicking," I told Willy.

"Can I?" he asked, I nodded, and he placed his hand on my stomach, I guided it to the right spot. Willy smiled up at me.

"I think that may be a hand or a fist," I said, "it doesn't feel like a foot."

"What does it feel like?" he asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Having someone growing inside you."

"It feels weird, Willy. Especially when it starts doing this." He laughed, "hopefully we can find out if it's a boy or a girl today, so we can stop calling it an it."

"And start thinking of names," he said, kissing the spot I showed him. Then I felt movement on the other side.

"You move fast," I laughed, and Willy joined in. The door opened and the doctor walked in.

"Is the baby moving?" he asked, we both nodded. The doctor started the ultrasound. Willy held my hand and watched the monitor. "There seem to be two, babies," the doctor said.

"Say what now?" I asked.

"Twins?" Willy asked.

"How did we not notice before?"

"One could have been covering the other and we missed it," the doctor explained. I looked up at the monitor.

"Twins," I muttered, "two babies, Willy."

"That explains, why you got so big, so fast."

"But two, are you sure?" I asked.

"I'm sure," the doctor answered, "You can see the heads right there, and there are four feet, and four hands. That one's a boy, and I can't tell since he seems to like being the center of attention, but I think the other one may be a girl."

When we got back to the factory, we went to the house. Willy and I told them we were expecting twins, and Mr. Bucket almost spat out his water.

"Twins?" he asked.

"Yeah!" I replied.

"Definitely keeping Charlie away from the hospital room when you go into labor." Willy and I laughed. Charlie ran into the room then and hugged me.

"Guess what, Charlie."

"What?"

"There's two."

"Is one of them a girl?"

"We'll tell you later," I grinned.

"Why can't you tell me now?"

"Because I want to surprise everyone at the baby shower."

"Does Willy know?" he asked.

"Yes. Don't ask him."