Charlie

As I ate my strawberries, Willy told me what had happened in the last year. I sighed, hearing that sells had gone down again. "They'll go back up," I told him.

"Charlie has been helping a lot." Willy looked at the clock. "He actually should be here by now."

"Maybe he got lost?" I asked. "I know I would if I had to walk around alone." Willy chuckled taking my hand in his.

"That's why we have the elevator." I frowned at his gloves. "What is it?"

"Off," I muttered, starting to pull one off. Once it was off, I entwined our fingers, smiling at the familiarity of his hand. "You know I don't like them." Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Willy kissed me before going to get the door. I heard him tell Charlie something then leave the room and close the door.

When they came back in, Charlie ran over and hugged me. I moved the strawberries out of the way, wrapping my other arm around him. "Careful," I told him.

Willy took the bowl and set it on the table. "Will you be fine on your own for a bit?" he asked. I nodded and handed him his glove. I felt Charlie sob and rubbed his back.

"I'm here," I whispered, as Willy left the room.

"But you don't remember me," he mumbled.

"Well, now your just being silly." I looked down at him. "I wouldn't let you touch me if I didn't know you." He sat up, and I wiped his eyes.

"But Willy said you had amnesia."

"My head just scrambled up my memories. You, Willy, and our family will have to help me remember everything. A little bit at a time." I laid my head back. "Now, I was up all night watching over Willy, and he won't let me close my eyes for a second, so I'm going to do that now." Charlie laughed.

"I have to start an essay for school anyway."

"What about?" I asked.

"What happens over Winter Break. I'm going to write about this."

"Just make sure the paper doesn't get it." I closed my eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

When I woke up, Willy was sitting in his chair watching me

When I woke up, Willy was sitting in his chair watching me. "You're not going to do that every time I go to sleep," I stated, sitting up. Willy had a photo album in his lap. "Where's Charlie?" I asked.

"His parents needed him." I nodded, standing up. "Amandah," Willy warned.

"I'm just coming to you," I told him. "you're not that far away." I took a step, my legs shaking. "Hold my arm," I added. Willy grabbed my elbow holding it firmly. I eventually got to him, and he set the book to the side.

"What now?" he asked.

"I want to shower, but I don't think I can make it that far by myself."

"How about a bath instead?" He stood wrapping his arm around my waist. "So you're not standing for a long time."

"With bubbles?" I asked.

"You have some now," he replied, guiding me to my room and then into the bathroom. I leaned on the counter, while he got a basket from under the counter. "I had gotten you this as a wedding gift. I was going to give it to you when we arrived at the hotel." I smiled, hugging him. "Choose one. I'll start the bath." I nodded looking at the bottles one had the Eiffel tower on it.

"Were you taking me to Paris?" I asked.

"I thought you'd like it there." I grabbed a bottle turning around and handing it to him.

"Can we have a redo Honeymoon?"

"Once you're better." Willy sat at the edge of the tub, checking the water.

"No planes."

"Promise," he looked up at me. "Do you want me to turn around while you undress?"

"You're staying in here?"

"Yes, you're not supposed to be left alone."

I sighed pushing my jeans off and pulling my shirt over my head. I took my hair down, it felt lighter than usual. I was about to ask Willy about it, but changed my mind, thinking I had remembered it wrong. Willy helped me into the tub. I felt my face turn red, and Willy laughed. "I've been bathing you for a year," he said. "I'm glad I get to see your reaction now."

"What?" I turned my face away.

"I wasn't going to let anyone else do it."

"Anything else I should know about?" I asked.

"I c...," he mumbled the end barely audible.

"Hmm?" I looked up at him. Willy hesitated, before sitting down and picking up a lock of my hair.

"I had to cut it," he said. I looked at the hair.

"Why?" I asked.

"The doctor got mad when I attempted to move you, so I could brush it." He dropped my hair and looked at me. "I was worried that it would get matted if we didn't cut it shorter. I'm surprised you didn't notice."

"I did," I replied. "I mean it felt different, but I just thought I was wrong."

"You're not upset?"

"A little, but it's just hair it'll grow back."

"I'll make it up to you."

"You don't have too."

"I want to though."

"Can I relax, or do you want me to hurry up?"

"You can relax, but be out before you turn into a prune."