Hurt

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. "When was there a last time?" Charlie's eyes widened as he'd just realized what he had said. "Tell me, Charlie."

"I promised I wouldn't."

"Wouldn't what?" Willy asked coming towards us.

"Are you keeping something from me?" I asked him.

"I'm not," he replied. I felt tears well up in my eyes. "What's wrong?" He moved towards me. "Charlie?"

"It was an accident," Charlie replied. Willy wrapped his arms around me.

"At least wait until we're home to be mad at me," he whispered. "I'll explain everything." I pushed him away and started walking back to the factory. "Amandah!"

~~~

At the factory, Willy followed me to my room. "Why did you lie to me?" I asked.

"I didn't know how to tell you," he replied. "And I couldn't figure out the right time." I looked up at him.

"What exactly happened? All Charlie said was that you didn't want kids because of what happened last time."

"You were pregnant. I don't know how it happened exactly, but apparently, that test didn't work."

"You should've told me," I whispered.

"I was focusing on you, starshine. Your memories are more important. We can't change what happened because of the coma."

"Charlie knew."

"He was there when it happened."

"Willy," I sighed. "I know that you have to keep some secrets from me, but this could've been more than just the coma."

Willy cupped my cheeks. "I am sorry, Amandah," he said. "I don't like seeing you upset." I wrapped my arms around him. "Am I forgiven?"

"Yes, but I'm still mad. It's not only my child that we lost." He pressed his lips to the side of my head. "I'm more mad about you lying to me about it when I asked."