Chapter 13

The Rager

❇❇❇❇

We all have weaknesses, it depends whether we want to let them consume us or not.

❇❇❇❇

"Isabelle, stop pacing and tell us what the bloody problem is!" Niklaus said having had enough of Isabelle pacing around. 

She hadn't said a word since she and Elijah had come back from the memorial. Elijah had tried numerous ways to make her tell him about how the Brotherhood of the Five affects her but she wouldn't say anything. 

By the time Niklaus had arrived it was evening already and both the brothers were trying their hardest to make her speak.

"Alright. That's enough. Belle, please tell us what it is." Rebekah spoke walking down the stairs.

"You sure you care?" She snapped causing a hurt expression to appear on Rebekah's face. She still hadn't been forgiven for killing Elena.

"I had no other way, Isabelle," Rebekah spoke in a small voice causing a sarcastic laugh to escape Isabelle.

"I was your other way, Rebekah. You could've trusted me instead of doing what you've been doing for the past thousand years–'doing whatever it takes'. Because when you 'do whatever it takes'? People die, people who could've been saved."

"Belle–"

"No. I can't do this right now. I'm not in my right state of mind and I don't want to say something I don't mean." Rebekah looked at Isabelle defeated, before diverting her gaze to her brothers, Niklaus motioned silently for her to leave, knowing that it wasn't a good time for Rebekah and Isabelle to be in the same room.

"Isa," Elijah spoke softly, once Rebekah left the room. 

She turned to him in distress. He immediately got up and took her hands in his, gently moving his thumbs on her knuckles. 

He brought her hands up and kissed both her palms, making a warmth spread through her whole body.

"Everything is going to be okay." He whispered, causing her to meet his eyes. When she saw the certainty and reassurance in his eyes, she knew that he was telling the truth. Everything will be okay.

Niklaus watched them with a small smile. For the past ten years, he hadn't cared about anyone as much as he did for Isabelle. She was like an elder sister to him and he had met her at a time when Elijah wasn't with him. 

He had always known that if his elder brother and Isabelle were to ever come together, they would be a perfect match. 

And today, when he was witnessing this in front of him, he knew he had been right. They were both equally broken and dark, and the light in one was what the other needed.

But even though he was sure that they were perfect for each other, he still couldn't shake off the nagging he had been feeling since Isabelle told him about her Parabatai bond. 

He feared that there could be someone out there who could possibly break Isabelle and Elijah apart. 

And because of the bond, she will be obligated to fall in love with him. For all he knew, it could be a Greek God or another angel from up there.