Chapter 8

Hot. That was the only way you could describe the way you felt at this exact moment. Your body was on fire, from head to toe. Opening your eyes you found yourself laying on your right side as your left arm was draped around Dodger. Well that explains why my front half is so damn hot your mind thought as you yawned into a pile of fur.

Your legs felt stiff as you began to stir in bed; your eyes widening as you sudden realized there was an arm draped over your hip. You held your breath, trying to get out of your foggy morning haze. The arm that was around you pulled you closer, a soft sigh humming in your ear from behind.

Peering around the room, your eyes landed back on Dodger and you grasped where you were. Chris' house, or, your house as well. It was Chris who was behind you, snuggling into your back; last night's events coming back to you. You were having a nightmare, and Chris came in to check on you. Before he left you asked him to stay. But the two of you definitely weren't cuddling when you went to sleep.

You had to admit, even though you were warm, you didn't mind his arm draped around you, even though you could feel his morning wood poking you in the back. Hey, he's a guy, it happens; your memories aren't that far gone.

You paused your movements as Chris began to stir from behind, his lips placing a kiss to your exposed shoulder. Even though you felt extremely hot, his kiss made you break out into goosebumps, a tingling sensation shooting down your spine and you had to stifle a moan that wanted to rip from the back of your throat. It felt nice and you wouldn't have minded waking up like this every morning.

"Mmmmm," Chris hummed into your ear making you shiver. Your ministrations must have woken him up as you felt him stiffen. "Shit," he cursed while pulling away from you. "Shit I'm so sorry Erica. I-I must have rolled over and started cuddling you at some point during the night."

Your hand clasped over your mouth, containing your giggle because you didn't want him to feel bad about it. "Chris it's alright, really," you reassured with soft eyes.

He pulled his arm away from you as you felt the bed rustle behind you. Turning, you saw Chris scramble towards the door, leaving faster than Speedy Gonzalez. Frowning, you turned to Dodger, scratching behind his ear as he began to thump his back leg on the bed. "What's wrong with your Daddy huh boy?"

~~~

You made your way to the kitchen after taking a shower to cool down from being so warm; the smell of bacon hitting your nostrils the minute you opened the bedroom door. Dodger went barreling down the hallway as he heard his food being scooped from the bag. The hardwood floor of the hallway felt nice and cool against your warm bare feet.

As you reached the kitchen, you saw Dodger inhaling his food as Chris was turning over the bacon in the frying pan; waffles sticking out of the toaster. "Morning," you said as you sat down on the stool, watching him cook.

"Morning," he replied without turning to face you. You frowned at his non-gesture, wondering what had him in this sort of mood. He placed a plate of food in front of you, his hands threading through his hair. On the plate sat two waffles, four strips of bacon, and two pieces of toast. You reached for the syrup and poured them over your waffles before digging in.

"So, would you mind if I took a couple of phone calls this morning?" Chris asked hesitantly. "It's just my manager is on my case about reading some of these new scripts."

Your eyes grew wide as he asked you the question. "Chris. It's fine. Really. I don't want you to stop doing your job and I don't want to be a nuisance," you reassured him. He gave you a quick smile before heading out of the room and towards his office. You looked down to see Dodger sitting at your feet, tail wagging. "Well, I guess it's you and me boy." Dodger barked at your words as his tongue rolled out.