Chapter 25

The physical pain had died down in your head, but what hurt the most, was the emotional pain you felt boiling inside of you. They told you the half-truth of what happened to your mother, not the whole truth. Sure, she died because some asshole broke into her house, and she was an older woman who lived alone; but the events leading up to what happened, was what they withheld from you and you were beyond pissed.

Sitting down on the cold tile floor of the bathroom did nothing to help cool your warming, heating body. Your back was up against the door as tears streamed down your face at a rapid pace. The minute you turned your back on the three in the living room and headed for the bathroom, you could hear their immediate steps on the floor behind you; but you wouldn't give in, not that easily.

"Erica, open up," Chris pleaded from the other side of the bathroom door, but you relented. "Baby talk to me." His voice was eager, worried, but Chris out of all of them, should have told you the truth. You lay your head against the hard wood door, closing your eyes and reliving the memory.

"Fuck," you growled to yourself as you checked your phone, realizing you were already over an hour late to head out to your mom's house in Pennsylvania. You had wanted to leave no later than 8p.m, hoping to get there before the sun set as you wanted to tell her some eager news; news that shouldn't have to be told over the phone. It was close to a two hour drive, but with everything you had to get done at work before having a week off, you were running late; it was now close to 8:30p.m.

Grabbing your purse and car keys, you rushed out of the apartment and headed for your car in the designated car space on the road. You rarely used your car, mainly to visit your mom, and you were lucky to have a designated car space at all.

Pulling out onto the road, there wasn't too much traffic, until about two miles down the road; then it was a stand still. "You have to be kidding me," you murmured to nobody but yourself, banging your head against the headrest of the seat.

Half an hour later, you finally got out of the traffic jam, which was caused by an accident and as you got onto the freeway, you called your mom as your phone rested on a hands free set attached to one of the vents on your car.

"Hello?" your mother's soft voice echoed through the speaker of your phone as it sat attached to a hands-free phone holder on your dash board.

"Hey mom! Look, I was stuck in traffic so I'm going to be a little late coming over," you spoke as you sped through the open freeway, heading to Pennsylvania. It was a close to two hour drive, but it was important that you see her.

"Oh don't worry about that sweetie. You just get here when you can. No rush." You smiled at how wonderful of a person your mom was. "I'm just excited to see you. It's been a few months."

"Ugh, I know. I've been so busy with work and what not, getting ready to start filming a new movie. There is just so much detail that goes in to planning set designs before you even get to the filming part."

"I know how hectic your schedule can be Erica. I'm just always happy to see you when I get the chance. I'm also eager to hear about the exciting news you wanted to tell me." You chewed on your lower lip, nervous to tell her the news, but hoping she would be just as excited as you were when you found out.

Keeping one hand on the steering wheel, your right hand was placed on your belly, hoping your mother would take the news well. She was traditional in all senses, and you trusted she would be alright with the fact that you and Sebastian weren't married yet.

As you sped past the speed limit, making your way towards your mom's house, there was a quiet hum over the phone; it was something you loved about your mother. Just knowing she was there, on the other line, brought peace to your mind; but it was soon disrupted.