Chapter 22

Two nights later you were up late, packing for the trip to NYC. It was a Tuesday night; you and Chris would be flying out early tomorrow morning and spending a week. Your actual birthday was on Saturday during this week and you had been so excited ever since you found out the news.

Your luggage was situated on the bed and you were having déjà vu from packing to go to Disneyworld just a few weeks ago. But this trip was a whole different kind of excitement. You were going back to where your memories ended; to your home, even though now your home was considered here with Chris.

Yesterday while Chris was out running a few errands, you washed your new clothes you had bought on Sunday; not wanting Chris to see any of it. Sneakily grabbing the new articles of clothing, you folded them and placed them neatly at the bottom of your luggage before piling some other clothes on top.

"Hey baby," Chris said from behind you, placing his arms around your waist. Your heart leapt at his voice, and you wondered if that feeling would ever go away.

Turning in his arms you reached up on your tip-toes and gave him a quick kiss. "Hey to you too handsome." His bright blue eyes were sparkling and you wanted to get lost in them forever.

"How is the packing going?" You looked down to your suitcase, seeing it half full and gave him a shrug. Knowing that it was May, and the trip was to New York, you knew to pack a variety; tank tops, t-shirts, shorts, pants, sweatshirts and bathing suits.

"As good as any packing can go I guess," you remarked with a chuckle. "What time is our flight again tomorrow?"

Chris looked at you longingly before answering. "8a.m.....so with the flight and time zone difference, we should be getting there around 4:30." You groaned loudly; flying was not your favorite thing in the world and it would be a long ass day tomorrow. "I know. The flight will be long but we'll get through it. I'll distract you."

You smirked up at him, nibbling on your bottom lip. "Oh really? And ahh....what kind of distractions are we talking about?"

His eyes went wide before he started to laugh uncontrollably, shaking his head. "Not THOSE kinds of distractions you perve."

"Me??? You were the one that said it!"

"Yeah, but you are the one who's got the dirty mind."

You scoffed, rolling your eyes playfully. "I'm pretty sure you have a more dirty mind than me."

~~~

Since the plane ride was one of the longer rides within the United States, the plane was bigger, and so was first class. The seats were larger with much more space and you were just happy to be seated right next to Chris again.

Once the plane was leveled in the air, the seatbelt light came off as the Flight Attendants got to work with their drink rounds. It was early, but damned if you decided not to grab a drink.

"I'll take a Mimosa please," you requested with a smile; Chris decided he would have one also.

"How are you doing?" he asked, squeezing your hand gently, knowing how much you hated to fly.

You took a deep breath, closing your eyes as the plane hit a bit of turbulence. "I'll....I'll be alright once I get a little alcohol in me."

The flight attendant came back around, placing your drinks on your trays and you hastily took a long sip; Chris talking quietly to the attendant as you did so. You rose a brow in questioning at him when she moved along. "I was just letting her know to keep the drinks coming to help calm you down."