Chapter 19

The following afternoon you decided to stay back as Chris took Dodger out for a walk to the dog park and to get his energy out. It was unclear how long the two of you would be gone that night at Robert's party so Chris wanted to make sure Dodger got out enough energy. That damn dog was like the energizer bunny, but you loved him dearly. Ever since that first night you came home from the hospital, Dodger was there with you in bed, helping to calm you down and sleep.

While Chris was out with Dodger you made your mind up and wanted to bake some chocolate chip cookies for the BBQ party tonight. Gathering all the of the ingredients you began to mix everything together from the memory of you and your mother making this exact recipe all the time growing up. It was crazy to think that you had nearly no memories from the past three years, but you could recall the exact details of how to make these chocolate chip cookies.

Your phone was plugged into the wireless speaker and you opened your Spotify app. From missing the last three years, you had been trying to catch up on some of the more recent music out there. Camila Cabello's 'Havana' came on and you couldn't help but wiggled your hips as you sang to the song. It was one of your favorites and it was so addicting!

As you swayed your hips back and forth, singing to the lyrics of the song you heard someone clearing their throat from behind you. You let out a scream, jumping and you turned around to see Chris sitting on the bar stool, watching you with a very wide grin. "Don't scare me like that!" you all but yelled with a giggle as you threw a towel at his face.

Chris chuckled as he caught the towel with his fast reflexes. "I couldn't help it. You didn't hear me come in and I didn't want to disturb your little dance session going on." His eyes gazed over to your ass and you felt your cheeks heat up. You had known many years ago that Chris was an ass man, so it wasn't a surprise to you. In fact, it made you feel even better about yourself knowing that he liked to stare at your ass. The strong desire to be the little vixen that you are, you took the next cookie sheet in your hand and bent over, wiggling your ass right in front of him as you placed it in the stove.

"Fahk me," you heard him rasp out from behind you, his Boston accent not going unnoticed by you and you had to admit, it was the fucking sexiest thing you've ever heard. Turning around, you licked your lips as you walked towards the center kitchen island.

"That was the sexiest thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth," you cooed as you leaned across the counter. Chris' eyes darted down and you knew exactly to where; your cleavage was on full display from your low cut tank-top.

"What was?" he asked with a surprised face, glancing up to meet your gaze.

You chuckled, shaking your head. "Your Boston accent. I think it needs to come out more often." Giving him a playful wink, you turned around. Using the spatula you got the fresh cookies off the pan and placed them on the cooling rack before placing the next batch on the cookie sheet.

"So what exactly are you making cookies for? Not that I'm complaining."

"I thought it would be nice to make for Robert's party," you stated casually with a shrug.

The two of you made small chit chat as you continued to bake the rest of the cookies. Once the batch was all done, you dug through the drawer and found a container. Just as you stood back up, a memory popped into your head, causing you to drop the container in your hand.

"For the hundredth time, I am NOT cheating on you Erica!" Chris roared, throwing his hands up in the air as his frustration and anger glowed on his face.

This is the same fight the two of you have been having all month and it was starting to take its toll on you. Each day, he spent less and less time with you and instead headed out with friends; and you had no idea where he was half the time. He was being secretive it felt like, distant and it worried you to no end.