Chapter 13

It still amazed you just how much Chris went through the last 24 hours, how much work he put into this trip, just to see you smile and make you happy. His surprise really put into perspective just how much he cared for you.

The two of you kept sneaking soft glances towards one another as you packed later that day. Chris initially said he planned to surprise you, and then leave right away, but he backed out on that idea as he wished to give you time to process the surprise, and be able to pack for yourself.

It had been a long time since you were in Florida, in fact, you were just a little girl the last time you went. You and your mother had made the trip during spring break when you were in elementary school; she took you to Disneyworld.

With your suitcase spread open on the bed, you made your way back and forth from the closet and bathroom, packing it full with everything you could possibly need; your mind drifting off to memories of when you and your mother went to Disneyworld. The Minnie ears, the buttons, all the Disney Princesses as you waited in line for hours to meet them; your mother always smiled because she knew how happy you were.

You had not even realized you began to cry as Chris called out your name. "Erica what's wrong?" his calm yet worried tone made your head snap up and you felt the wetness coat your cheeks.

Giving a surprise chuckle, you wiped them away. "It's nothing. Really. I-I was just thinking about when my mother brought me to Disneyworld when I was little."

A pair of arms wrapped around you from behind and a sense of calmness washed over you. "Shit sweetheart I'm sorry. Was this a bad idea? I wanted to make you happy, not make you sad." You would have thought Chris' pet names for you would have made you cringe, make things awkward, but in reality, you loved them and you couldn't get enough of it. Each time he called you 'sweetheart', 'baby', 'honey' and 'babe', it just felt like your bond towards him strengthened just a bit more.

Your hands gripped his forearms which were wrapped around you and you quickly shook your head before placing it back onto his shoulders. "Chris don't ever think that. You have made me so unbelievably happy with this surprise right now." You turned in his arms to face him, your hands moving up to cup his cheeks. "I know things are going to get rough okay? I've come to expect it and there is no escaping the inevitable. I'm going to get my memories back, all of them. I just know it. And I know things will get rocky before they get better," you sighed, casting your eyes down before looking back up at him. "But I have you. And I can't thank you enough for sticking by me."

Chris' lips tugged into a lop sided grin at your words as his blue eyes gazed deeply into yours; almost as if he was looking straight into your soul. "Of course I'm sticking by you Erica. I lov....you mean the world to me and I don't want to lose you. I want to help you through this. Be your rock. Your shoulder to cry on."

A loud laughter escaped your mouth at the last part. "Well, I've definitely cried more than enough on your shoulders."

"And I don't mind one bit," Chris said leaning his head down to give you a chaste kiss on your forehead. "Alright alright. Let's get back to packing you slacker."

~~~

You were sat in the spacious seat of First Class, right next to Chris and the plane had just taken off. You had never been in First Class before on a plane, at least that you had remembered. It was nice having extra leg room and you were happy that Chris was right next to you, comforting your anxiety.

Reaching up you turned on the little fan and positioned it to face you. Planes were always stuffy and you didn't want to feel claustrophobic for the entire trip. You let out a soft hum as the cool air hit your face; nestling back into the expanse seat. You also hoped the fan would help with the too strong smell of perfume of the lady sitting behind you. It smelt as if she bathed in the entire bottle of perfume before coming on the plane.