Chapter 3- Dressed to Impress

Baby you light up my world like nobody else. The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed... blared through the speakers of my iHome. I slammed down on the off button and sat up. It was 5:00 AM. I checked my phone, a text from Liam was waiting for me to respond.

Hey Brooklyn. Sorry for texting so late. :/ We couldn’t decide what to do with you guys tomorrow. So we decided that we would meet you at the Starbucks on Main Street. See you there at 7. ok? :) -Liam

We had 2 hours.

            We all rushed into a shower, Ashley had to wait for Cat since Cat got to the spare shower first.

            After blow drying my hair, I handed Cat the blow dryer.

            I brushed through my red velvet hair and then pulled it into a high ponytail, wrapping a strand of hair around the elastic. Then I curled Cat’s pretty blond hair into soft waves, pinning back her bangs.

            “Well finally!” I joked as Ashley walked into my room. “Hey hurry up and blow dry! We need the space to do makeup!”

            “I’m going! I’m going!” Ashley shouted over the whir of the blow dryer.

            While she was drying her hair, Cat and I started putting on our makeup on the other vanity table. I did a more natural smoky eye while Cat did a very small but dramatic, darker smoky eye.

            It was 6:30, we were good on time, it would take us 2 minutes to get to the Starbucks, even with all of the stoplights turning red. We were good on time.

            Ashley sat down for me to do her makeup and hair, she hated doing it on her own so it was almost always just left alone.

            I played with Ash’s hair for a few seconds, I always envied her perfect brown hair with natural blond/brown highlights and classy curls. I straightened her hair until it was pin-straight and then braided back the pieces in the front so her hair was out of her way.

            For her makeup I just dusted on a little blush and handed her a light, lemon-colored lip gloss to borrow.

            “Ok. I think it is time for breakfast.” I said, grabbing the empty bottles and chip bags. Cat grabbed the mugs and the coffee pot.

            We walked into the kitchen and I threw my stuff in the trash, then pulling out the platter of muffins my mom left in my fridge from yesterday.

            We munched on our blueberry muffins and drank sips of milk.

            I checked the time. 6:50. Time to go.