Chapter 58: The hair

Brooke’s POV

            I sighed and brushed out the last section of hair. Today Ashley, Cat, Maddi, and I were getting our hair done. I think the boys are coming too, because they need their hair done.

            “Ready!” I called.

            We all walked out to the waiting van that was taking us to Aloha Style, the local salon that I had been going to since I was little.

            “Hey Hanna!” I said, walking into the glass building with a smile. Hanna had been doing my hair since I was a baby and nobody else had ever touched my hair.

            “Is that little miss Brooklyn Reid?!?!” Hanna asked, walking out from the back room with a comb in hand.

            “The one and only.” I said with a little curtsy.

            Hanna had changed her hair in the 3 months it had been since I last saw her. it was now a choppy blonde bob, very different from the long, wavy brunette I was used to.

            “Who have we got today and what are we doing?” She asked, whirling out her supplies and spreading them to 9 different stations.

            “We have Cat, Ashley, Maddi, and myself. I also brought along Liam, my boyfriend, Zayn, Louis, Harry, and Niall along because they all had nothing better to do.” I said, pointing to everyone.

            “Very good. I will have you in my chair, Brooke. Cat, you can go to Reina’s chair, the second one. Ashley, Kelly is free down at the last chair. Maddi, the middle chair is available, Camille should be out soon. Boys, the girls should be done with their breaks soon so if you just want to sit in the waiting room you can, or you can sit in the chairs over there.” Hanna said, pointing to the chairs spread between ours.

            I plopped down in Hanna’s chair and naturally; Liam followed me and sat in the neighboring chair.

            “What are we having done?” Hanna asked, fingering my hair.

            “I was actually thinking of getting a major dip dye but I didn’t know what you would think.” I whispered in Hanna’s ear, I didn’t want Liam to know.

            “I think it would look great!” Hanna said, flipping through a swatch book for shades of different color and shade ideas.

            We decided on dyeing my hair a darker red and dying my ends ombré style so it would fade into my natural color at the bottom, a dark-ish brown.

            After shoeing Liam away, Hanna started applying the dye, wrapping the hair around itself so it was a wet blob on my head.

            Once the dye was washed out and dried, Hanna started incorporating the darker brown in different layers, so it wasn’t a straight line. I didn’t bother cutting it since I liked my hair pretty long.

            “Ta da!” I laughed, stepping into the huddle of girls waiting at the front of the building.

            “OH MY GOD! YOUR FREAKIN HAIR!” Maddi screeched, walking up and taking a lock of my hair in her fingers. “This is brown.” She said, jabbing a finger at it.

            “Yeah…..” I replied with a little laugh.

            Maddi wasn’t as big of a dare devil and she had just dyed the ends of her hair a orangey blonde and kept the same length and cut.

            Cat, on the other hand, changed her hair a lot! She ditched her waist length hair and got a mid-arm length layered cut that was pin straight, re-dyed her hair ends but in a purple-y pink.

            Ashley had gotten more blonde highlights, so she looked about the same. She got TONS of layers and a thick section of fringey bangs swept to the side and out of her face.

            “Catherine Alexandra Winters did you not appreciate my hard work?!” I fake scolded her.

            “Brooklyn Kristina Reid did you just yell at me?!” Cat mocked back.

            “Ashlynn Isabella Washington my hair is blonde.” Ashley randomly said, making everyone burst into laughter.

            “You’re name is Ashlynn?” Cat asked after everyone finished staring at Ashley in disbelief.

            “Yeah. But I don’t like it. Ashley fits better.” She said with a shrug, plopping into one of the fluffy chairs nearby.

            “THE TOMMO IS BACK! DON’T WORRY!” Louis said, arms spread for a hug, as he walked into the little circle we had formed.

            I just laughed, rolling my eyes.

            “Did you just roll your eyes at me young lady?” Louis pretend scolded.

            “LOUIS TOMLINSON GOT A HAIRCUT!” I randomly screamed, jumping on his back and ruffling his hair. Luckily he caught me, otherwise I would hav been a flat little girl.

            Louis started running around the lobby in circles, nearly colliding with the rest of the boys, who were talking and walking into the lobby at the same time.

            “HIIII!” I giggled, now dizzy from spinning in circles. I attempted to walk in a straight line to feel a little bit less nauseous but I ended up falling into Harry, who also caught me

            “Whoa! Y’okay?” Harry chuckled, pushing me back upright.

            “I think so!” I said, staggering a little bit with a giggle.

            “Sooo. New hairdos!” I said, looking at the boys’ hair.

            They all got their hair done like normal, Niall’s hair was a little bit more brunette than usual but I found out he was trying to grow his hair out so he didn’t have any more blonde.

            We all paid and walked out to the waiting van that was blocking the mob of people that found out where we were.

Leave it to me to have an awkward ending..... :)