Chapter 8- The First Date

“OHMYGOD! Ashley we have 20 more minutes until the boys pick us up!” I screamed to Ash who was in my bathroom drying her hair.

            “Chill Brook. We already have your clothes laid out. You can do your hair and makeup. It’s not like you can’t do that stuff quickly.” Ashley said expressionless, completely calm at the thought of going on a date with ZAYN MALIK!

            “Ok.” I said with a sigh. Tonight I was going on a group date with my best friends, their dates, and LIAM PAYNE!

            I glanced once over the clothes hung on the rack, pre-planned of course, making sure everything was perfect. Everything was perfectly hung and ready.

            Then I shakily put on my makeup. I stayed with a natural smoky eye. I didn’t like too much makeup, and my hair was bright enough already.

            I glanced once more at the mirror. I looked perfect, let's just hope Liam thought I looked good. I was wearing black skinny jeans and dark brown ankle boots with a white shirt that had silver swirly thingys on it and a leather jacket.

            Ashley was wearing some medium wash jeans and a plain black t-shirt with a caramel colored leather jacket (borrowed from me). She was also wearing some white converse (also borrowed from me!) with custom laces (the laces were England colors on one shoe and Ireland colors on the other shoe).

            Cat was personally dressed by Ashley and myself. She was wearing a beautiful handmade, blue, halter, knee-length dress. She had on some silver strappy heels stolen from my closet and her silver heart ring she got when her cousin got a heart transplant (she helped her in recovery).

            They were meeting Maddi outside of the restaurant and walking in together.

            Once I saw Maddi I understood why Niall liked her so much. She was wearing a pretty coral dress that was mid-thigh length, just a tad daring but a little conservative.

            Ash and I knew that we would be the least dressed up, but we didn’t care. We were here to hang with Zayn and Liam.

            “Hey gorgeous.” Liam said, walking up behind me and covering my eyes with his hands. “Guess who.”

            “Hey Liam. If I could see you I would say you looked good too, but I can’t do that.” I said smiling.           

            “Ok.” Liam said and I peeled his hands off of my face.

            “I am surprised, you are the first girl I have done that to that hasn’t complained about makeup smudging. Thanks.” Liam said in his perfect british accent, much better than my plain american “accent”.

            After sharing a plate of pasta with butter and parmesan cheese with Liam, he walked me to my car and gave me a goodnight kiss.

            OHMYGOD! Did Liam Payne just kiss me? What world am I living in???

            “I’ll text you later.” Liam said with a prize-winning smile and a squeeze of my hand, walking back towards the boys and their car.