Chapter 9- Emily and the unknown number

It had been 20 minutes since I had gotten home. I had already showered and I was blow drying my hair when my phone started buzzing.

Hey Brook. I hope you had a good evening. I had a great time. I would love to see you again. The boys won’t shut up about you. :) -Liam

I replied, smiling.

Hey Liam. I had a great time. Thanks. I would love to see all of you again when you guys aren’t too busy. :)

Suddenly I got a text from an unknown number. I opened it.

            Hey Brooklyn. I heard you are dating Liam. Stay away from my boyfriend! Love Ciera <3

            No. I am not actually dating Liam. And how did you get my number?

            Oh. I have my ways. Well I have to go love. xoxo

            “Well that was weird” I said to myself.

            “What was weird?” Someone said. I jumped. Nobody was planned to be in my wing tonight.

            “Who is it?” I called, tensing up.

            “Oh. Hey. Sorry. It is Emily.” I sighed, relaxing.  Emily was dating my brother, Tyler.

            Emily was one of those gorgeous girls you would expect to have a boyfriend but didn’t. In this case she did though....

            Emily was petite, she had strawberry blond hair and a spray of freckles on her nose. She was a gorgeous dresser, but she kept it old-school. She made jewelry in her spare time so she always had a little extra something to go with her outfits.

“So I heard something was weird.” My brother, Tyler, said as he walked into my living room.

“Yes Tyler. Something was weird. And remind me why you are in my living room??” I asked him with a smile.

“Because.” Tyler said with a fake, childish pout.

“Aw. Well why don’t you go and clean your room.” Emily said motherly, patting him on the back. “So what’s up?” She then directed at me as soon as Tyler was out of the room.

            “Well. I just got back from a date and some random number told me to ‘back off’” I said, making air quotes.

            “Ooh. Who was your date?” Emily asked me, clearly glad to find something interesting.

            “Uh. Liam Payne from One Direction.” I said quietly, hoping she wouldn’t hear.

            “OHMYGOD! Liam Payne? You HAVE to be joking!” Emily screamed.

            “Yes, Liam Payne. And stop screaming!” I said, poking her arm.

            “And who was the random number???” Emily said, still poking my arm.

            “I really don’t know. Ciera something. I think it might be Ciera Smith but she hasn’t seen Liam in a year.” I said.

            “I think that is the only person I know with the name like Ciera. So your odds are pretty high. Why don’t you ask him yourself?” Emily said, handing me my iPhone.

            “Should I? I don’t want to sound jealous. We have only gone on one date.” I said, hesitating as I grabbed my white, otterbox covered phone.

            “Well you don’t want them to be a creepy stalker do you?” Emily said, unlocking my phone and opening a new message, putting in Liam’s contact.

            “Fine.” I said, grabbing my phone back.