Masquerade Ball

<<<<<< Cerebellim Anulasis >>>>>>

Also known as the "Amnesia spell", is used to erase the memories of people.

The image on the top is their house, I made a few changes though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The squealing of tires brings me back from my daydreams. We reach home, finally.

We make our way towards the main entrance whilst Mr. Clark our servant attends to the luggage. The smell of roasted pot chicken hits my nose and I go around sniffing the air.

It looks like Mrs. Clark made her signature dish for us. Oh, how much I missed her food. Mrs. Clark is our chief chef. Anything she touches turns delicious. I follow the smell of the chicken and end up in the kitchen. I jump up in the air and exclaim when I see that they set the food ready to be served.

"No touching the food without changing your clothes," comes the stern warning from my mom.

"Oh, It's the roasted pot chicken. I'm famished!" My dad exclaims, ready to dig in.

"Oh no dear, not without getting cleaned."

"But it's THE roasted pot chicken, I'm having it this instant no matter what," he says and digs into the food.

This is why I love my Dad more. He is just like me or I'm more like him. I slowly sneak around my mom and join my dad at the table.

Helping myself to a plateful I eat and my mom mumbles something like 'Like father Like daughter' and ends up joining us at the table. After a scrumptious meal, we all head back towards our respective rooms.

I hop on the stairs with Ingrid a few steps ahead. We cross the first floor where my Dad's study, which was his home office and my Mom's workplace, are situated. The floor had French windows that overlooked our courtyard, and the view was splendid, especially in the evenings when you could watch the sun setting behind the woods. It was my mom's favorite place to have her evening tea.

We took a right and head on to the staircase leading to the second floor. I go over to the west wing, to my favorite place. I open the balcony doors and let the cool breeze fill my lungs. It feels incredible being here. 

The cool air fanned my hair, and the moonlight shone on the forest roof. It looked so calm and it's serene here. 

Ah, just how much I missed it.

"Back here again? " says Ingrid, creeping up from behind me. She drags along a chair and sits on it while stretching her legs on the balcony's railing.

"Yeah well, I missed this place."

"Oh god you are acting so emotional, is it your time of the month again?" she asks, giving me a questioned look.

"No. Is it wrong for a girl to love her home?" I ask, giving her a pointed glare.

"Well, no. By the way, mom is heading out. Something about the ball, I believe."

"This late?" I ask her, confused. My mom isn't someone who'd do things at the last minute. She always had them pre-planned.

"She is a grownup," Ingrid answers.

I give her a confused look. Since when did Ingrid talk like this?

"Her words, not mine ."

"OH!" 

Well, better.

I am lost in my thoughts,  enjoying the cool breeze and the silence of the night, when Ingrid disturbs my peace again.