Looks can be deceiving.

The image above somehow helped me write this chapter.

Spell for the day :

            Wingardium Leviosa

Dedicated to all the Potter heads out there .

Hit the star and drop a comment ! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** Lilia's POV **

We made our way back to our house, and I was pondering over his tale. I am shocked and taken aback of his tale. I thought someone might have bitten him; you know, like how it usually is portrayed in movies.

I sleep peacefully, somehow feeling safe. Like there was someone looking out for me, Kylian sure impacted me.

I get up early next day, which in itself is a miracle. I lazily brush up and head downstairs. I see that the weather outside was beautiful. A soft breeze blowing through the windows gently grazing my skin, ruffling the curtains, the sunlight making dim streaks of light on the carpet below. I felt like this was a scene from a Disney movie all it lacked was a few animals and song.

I switch on the tv and get my cereal with me by the sofa in the living room. My mom would never approve of this , but then she isn't here now. Wow, I sure am turning reckless.

I was switching channels , when I see a channel playing '10 things I hate about you'. I immediately turn the volume up a notch and spread my legs on the center table, all the while slurping my OJ.

"Woah woah Woah. What has got into you?" Someone questions me from the other end of the hall. I look around to see it was Ingrid who is now on the last step with a very surprised look on her face.

"Nothing, why?" I ask, keeping my best poker face.

"Well, for starters you woke up before me and are sitting in the living room?" she states, but it comes out more like a question.

"Well, it's nice this way." I say and go back to watching the TV.

"Lemme try it too." She says and sits beside me, stealing my OJ. Typical Ingrid.

We watch the movie in peace for sometime when I hear a shrill sound indicating someone is at the door. My mind suddenly thinks of Kylian, I have no clue why. Our maids come by from the kitchen and opens the door. I see Emma step in with her granny.

"Emm.." I say, getting up and hugging her. Wait! Didn't I just see her yesterday?

Ugh, nevermind !

"I texted you guys, but you didn't reply. So I thought it'd be fine if we dropped by for the training." she says sheepishly.

"Let's get you guys started on your training and by the looks of Emily also found her powers." Mrs Smith states getting right to the point.

"But I didn't find my power yet." I say sad but somehow glad I didn't.

"Oh my dear, you are special. These powers mean nothing compared to you." Mrs Smith says trying to comfort me but with I feel a little warning laced in her voice.

She pats my head and has a distant look in her eyes.

"Well, let's start the training." Mrs Smith says asking both of  them to sit cross-legged on the floor.

"Ingrid concentrate on inner self and the power you feel within you, Emily do the same but since your power comes from outside, focus on your surroundings and try to feel it using every bit not just your mind but your heart too."

"Relax your body and clear your mind. Take a deep breath."

It all sounded like as if she wanted us to sleep, I was too bored of it and was lost in my thoughts. I hear them talk about a power source.

"Maybe you need a power source to guide you better."

"How about the barn where we did our spell?" I say.

"Sounds good. As long as you believe it is powerful. "

We make our way to the barn and they go in. I didn't want to feel left out, so I head on to the garage. They have powers super cool powers and here I am a nobody.

I was walking back to my place when I feel a pair of eyes burning holes on my back.

"Well, you sisters don't stand by your words, do you?" Kylian says now, standing beside me.

"Wait, it is eleven already?" I ask, surprised since I woke up early today .

"Hard to believe, is it ?"

We make small talk while walking to the garage. Why we walked towards that, I have no clue? All I did was walk beside him. He definitely isn't the monster I thought he was. Monster — blood — bodies.

"Oh yeah, what about the blood?" I ask suddenly.

"I guess there is someone else in town?"

"Who?"

"Who else is here with you?" he asks suddenly turning around looking at the barn.

Oh shit. Emma's grandmother. If she sees him, she'd freak out.

"Shit, let's go away from the barn. They are there in the barn."

"Who?" he asks all the while brisk walking.

"Emma and her grandmother ." I answer while walking away from the garage. He starts walking ahead of me and I end up following him.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he seems to know the route.

"Ah. Outhouse. It's the farthest, isn't it?"

"Yeah!" I watch as he stalks away. I hurry to match his pace.

I walk inside to see that he has turned our outhouse into a detective's room. There were web lines going from one place to another, connecting different photos placed on the wall. A pungent smell hit my nose the minute I stepped in. I could clearly see the woods from the window. The smell of the woods like the moss of the forest floor, like the smell of the pine mixed a little with the smell of the wet forest mud. I could forever sit amidst the forest, breathing in its intoxicating smell, but the stench of the room overpowered this. The outhouse was very far from our home.

He locks the door behind me after I take a few steps in. I wasn't so sure of what was happening, especially since the stink smelled like something diseased died here. It smells like rotten meat. You know what they say, ' Looks can deceive'. What I saw on the walls of the outhouse petrified me. A dagger and a few bullet holes in the wall. There was crimson colour smeared in a few places, which I suspected was blood. I take a step away from him and see that he even has my photo up on that wall. Infact he has it circled in crimson. I was mentally praying Ingrid or someone were looking for me. He could easily trap me here and I don't even have any superpowers, for heaven's sake. What is he up to? What to do ?

 A/N

Hey there readers! I sincerely hope I have a few readers left (*sheepishly grinning*). What do you think of this chapter ? How was it ?

I'd appreciate your feedback on this book and the way it is progressing. Do you think I should maybe increse the pace of it , or is it fine ?

Until the next update which I promise would be soon.

If you liked this chapter please vote for it by hitting  the star and  do drop a comment ! 

Lots of Love, 
            ~ Vaishnavi.