Burning Red

Spell for the day :

Confringo
Explodes objects into flames

**Lilia's POV**

We head home after a tiring and stressful day. The enemy was closer than we expected.

The ride home is silent, and Kylian is still missing. I realised he slipped out when Ingrid said a stranger helped us and my dad went tense when he heard that. But he soon covered it up.

We reach home and I stumble on my way upstairs and somehow reach my bedroom. I lay on my bed wondering what more is to come.

Any sane person would have fallen asleep after such a tiring day, but I was overthinking every little aspect and was tossing and turning over.

Who is this monster? How does he look like? What does he want?

I was flooded with too many questions and was lost in my thoughts.

I suddenly hear some sound by the window and open it to be greeted by a small stone hitting me right on my forehead.

"Ouch!" I yelp in pain.

"Sorry." comes a whisper from below.

I peer down to see Kylian with a hand on his ear mouthing sorry.

"What are you doing here this late?" I ask. The wind carrying my voice over in the silent night.

"Well, couldn't sleep and I saw that the light in your room was still on, so I figured even you weren't able to sleep." he says now approaching the pipe which passed by my window.

"Kyle, what are you planning to do?" I ask, laughing at his epic fail to climb the pipe.

"Well, climb this pipe so I can be a little closer, maybe."

"Oh, Kylian." I laugh at his antics and turn around looking for something that might help him. I see a skipping rope lying in my treasure chest.

Well, the treasure chest contained all my stuff from when I was a kid.

"Kyle, would this help?" I ask, approaching the window, only to see him sitting by the windowsill.

"How did you?" I say shocked at how fast he came up here. I mean, didn't he like fall down the first time?

"Lili, that fall was to make you laugh. I like it when you laugh." He says with a charming smile, that would have any girl fall at his feet. I could feel the heat rise in my body. I'm sure I was blushing and my heart was throbbing.

"Why are you still outside ?"

"You know I can't come in unless invited right ?"

"Oh yeah, come on in." I say casually. Something in my gut tells me I shouldn't have done it, I mean Ingrid, and I agreed to only invite him in after we all decided.

"How is your dad?" He asks. He sounds genuine.

"Um fine. He wasn't really hurt. But where did you disappear?" I ask, making my way to the bed.

"I couldn't control myself around so much blood. I had to get out of there before I did something I'd regret."

"Oh, sorry. I keep forgetting that you are a vampire."

So that is why he was acting weird in the car.

"It's okay." he says and a calm silence fills the room. The silence like the one in the forest. I couldn't forget that image I saw in the fog.

Lili. Lili. Lili.

"Lili everything all right?" he says shaking me.

I take in a huge breath and shakily whisper out a yes.