Another Ride.

Spell for the day :

<<< sanguinem acceptatio >

Blood acceptance.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I drag her along with me but accidentally trip down and fall down from the flight of stairs, dragging Ingrid with me. Ingrid hurts her elbow and hisses out in pain.

"Arrggghhhhhhh...." we both yell.

My butt numb from the ride down the stairs.

No wonder we aren't allowed in here.

We roll down and fall at the bottom of the stairs. My eyes closed through the fall and my hands covering my face. 

Thankfully, there was a worn out carpet down and the fall wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I ended up scraping my knees and my arms, but other than that I was fine. Ingrid just scraped her palms, nothing more.

"You alright?" I ask, trying to get up.

"Now where the hell did this lead us to?" Ingrid questions.

"How the hell would I know?" I answer her, groaning in pain. I hold my knee tight, grimacing as it stung. I look around with rapid movements of my eyes, desperate for a way out.

Sure this was fun, in the sense that I love a good mystery, but right now I am terrified.

I help myself up with great difficulty and go in search of an exit. The whole room was so dusty and creepy.

"It's an old room, I don't think anyone uses this room anymore. Ingrid, look..." I say pointing to an old sturdy door.

"There is a door behind you," I say, excited. I hobbled over, ignoring the pain, shooting right up my leg, as I dared a smile, hopeful that this might be a way out.

"Thank god!" Ingrid walks to the door, but it looks like it is locked.

The old lock has two women warriors standing on either side holding a sword. I remember seeing it somewhere, I whack my brains and I recollect seeing it in my granny's journal. I wonder what it meant. Maybe a visit to the barn may be needed!

"Why would anyone lock this old stinky room from inside?"

"For making out or maybe to use the old room up," Ingrid answers.

"Eww, gross !"

She turns and walks towards the door. She tries pushing either point of the wrenches into the curvy handle of the lock and then pushes them together,

"We probably would need a key to get our asses out," I say.

"Not anymore," Ingrid says, opening the door by breaking the lock into two pieces. Ingrid had been into few defense and survival lessons. But I didn't expect her to actually break this open.

I take the lock and walk out of this dusty, stinky room.

We venture outside to find a set of stairs going downstairs; it leads to a dark passage which again had stairs, this time going up.

Phew! This was never-ending.

We climb these stairs and finally see a trapdoor.

"Wait up," I say, now panting like a dog.

"Come on!" Ingrid says, dragging me.

We open that trap door only to find ourselves at the shed behind our house, which we no longer use.