Guest Or Beast

Spell  for the day :

Knot of nine, his heart is mine. Lavender's blue, rosemary's green; she will be loved as soon as seen.

The spell that might open one's eyes to how wonderful a person can be.

Image above is our hero  😍

————————————————————

**Lilia's POV **

I was shocked after hearing this. Someone is coming after blood. For all we know they could come after us next. Oh, how much worse could things get.

Who could be killing for blood and why?

I see Em also looking confused and scared.

Wait... Was that creature Iddy saw actually drinking blood??

"Iddy," I turn to look at her only to see she was lost somewhere.

"We gotta go, I think they are coming," Ingrid says out of nowhere.

I suddenly hear the sound of footsteps approaching and we immediately run the opposite way and go hide in the nearest room.

It smells like death and decay here and a lot of disinfectant. I look around to see that there were a few bodies kept here. Both animals and humans. Like they were here for examining them.

"Oh god. That stench!" Em says, covering her nose. 

"Shzz, keep your voice down. We don't want them to hear us." Iddy says pointing towards the door.

"Why even is the animal carcass here?" Em asks in a whisper.

"Remember how they said the animal was drained of its blood. Maybe they were examining it." I say and watch as Ingrid walks closer to the bodies.

Oh god, I think I just lost my appetite after looking at these bodies.

They look like they were ripped open but not a part was missing. The flesh was laid out, the eyes of the deer still open and soulless. I pity the deer who had to go through all this.

I avert my eyes, unable to take any more of it. Unfortunately, it falls on the human bodies which were on the other side. They somehow look perfectly intact. I walk closer and see that the bodies look pale and there isn't a single cut on the body. I put on gloves that were nearby and examine for any cuts. I  mean how did he die? If he was drained of blood why isn't there any cut?

I touch his arm and it was ice cold.

"Lili, what are you doing?" Em whispers coming close.

"Nothing, just wondering how he died."

Iddy also leaves the animal carcass alone and joins our table.

"How did he die?" Ingrid asks curiously.

"Same doubt sis!"

We were looking for the source of his death  when Iddy suddenly exclaims

"Look!!"

"What?" I ask, wondering what did she spot.

"Here, I saw the same mark on that animal," she says pointing towards a small mark near the neck on the other side. It had two bite marks. It looked like a snake bite but just a whole lot bigger and deeper. And this literally was the only place on his whole body that was red and had blood.

"Where did they find this body?" I ask wondering if he was from Oakdale.

"Only one way to find out," Iddy asks.