Escape.

Spell for the day:

Tardus pulsatio.

To control your heartbeat for all those times it races when you see the person you love or the one on whom you have a crush.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe secrets are very powerful. One little harmless secret can cause a major disaster, like that one time my dad kept his addiction to gambling a secret from my mom or even now, how Mrs. Potts hid the fact that she is a witch, like Ingrid and has powers.

I am brought back, away from my thoughts when I hear Em yelling.

"And you didn't bother to tell us ?"

"You guys know that he is the devil, right?" Mrs. Potts asks, pointing at Kylian. Her voice laced with disgust.

"He isn't!" I say defending him. I don't know why, but accusing him without knowing his story doesn't feel right, especially not when it is her who is accusing him.

"Oh, please! I'm sure he has you all hypnotized under his spell."

"Remember aunt, we are also witches like you," Ingrid says, taking a defensive stance.

"But he is here to break his curse. He needs your blood for it," she says, trying to get up.

Kylian now stands up and steps in beside me.

"I may need her blood, but never will I kill her for it," he says, sliding his hand on my waist.

"Yeah as if. I've met you previously and I know what you are, you filthy creature," she says with such loathing in her voice, that it had me wondering if I ever even knew her.

"You've met him?" my voice comes out like a whisper. It took me time to process all this and I choke on my words.

"Oh yes. Once, when I went on a holiday to Miami with my husband. I've heard rumors of his kind, but I never knew that I'd get to meet one of them."

"So, it was you who saw me at the bar in Miami?" Kylian questions.

"Outside the bar, you mean. In that bloodbath."

"It was not a bloodbath. I hardly killed four people, and I was defending myself against those hunters."

"Whatever you want them to believe," she says bored.

"Why didn't you tell us before that you were a witch?" Em asks.

"I was hoping the circle wouldn't be complete so he may never get to enter this town again. I was hoping if you guys don't find the sixth member you may break the circle."

"But you could have helped us defend against the enemy," I say, wondering what happened to the sweet, old Mrs. Potts I knew.

"And you are fraternizing with the enemy!" she yells, her voice booming over with such ferociousness that I'm doubting the person I knew before.

Her eyes turn a shade dark and it is visible now that she isn't wearing her spectacles.

"What are you doing?" Ingrid asks, in a scared tone. Neither of us understanding what is happening around. The papers around started flying in a swirl and the vicious sounds of laughter that we first heard in the barn sounded close. I see the coffee table rock and felt the ground underneath shaking.

I hear a crash beside me and turn around to see Ingrid and Em on the ground.

"Ingrid! Em!" I yell, running to them, but I end up falling because of the ground shaking underneath me. I crawl towards them.