The DEVIL is back!

Spell for the day :

Leaving this space blank and hoping you come up with a spell for this chapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Ingrid's POV **

"Well, let's start the training." Mrs Smith says asking us to sit cross-legged on the floor.

"Ingrid concentrate on inner self and the power you feel within you, Emily do the same but since your power comes from outside, focus on your surroundings and try to feel it using every bit of the nature around, even your mind and heart too."

"Relax your body and clear your mind. Take a deep breath."

"What are we supposed to feel?" Em asks.

Yeah, I literally feel nothing.

"Your inner self. That power that you you feel rising inside you."

I calm myself and steady my breath, but I feel nothing. Black hole. Void of anything.

"I feel nothing. Like nothing." I say opening my eyes. Maybe this won't work like this.

"I feel empty too." Em says.

"Maybe you need a power source to guide you better. Maybe a powerful place. "

"How about the barn where we did our spell?" Lili asks.

"Sounds good. As long as you believe in it. "

We make our way towards the barn and I see Lilia slipping away.

"I wish Lilia also had powers, she feels bad now."

"Yeah. " Em says, nodding her head. Maybe she already felt this.

"Don't worry kids, Lilia is something special. She is different from both of you. But I believe the monster isn't far away. You all need to protect yourselves. It could be back to destroy the circle and you Ingrid are the most powerful one, it could be back to kill you thus ending the circle."

"Why ?" I ask. 

What more 

"So when the original circle was formed as you all know by our ancestors, there were six members of a cult formed together to take down the pimentos. Apparently, it was the family of the town head and had everyone under their control."

"What is pimentos?"  I ask, feeling that name roll out very oddly on my tongue. 

"Someone who practices the Dark arts were called pimentos, back in the day."

I feel this sounds a little too familiar.

Em grandmother adjusts her position and has a distant look in her eyes when she tells "So they formed a cult to overthrow the pimentos and defend this town against them. No member of their family could step into this town unless all the members of this circle were aware of them. That is, every single member conscious of their power and alive. Naturally, the circle did everything in their power to keep them at bay. It is believed that the circle members cursed the Black family -- the family of the town head. In the beginning there were six members of the circle, two of whom they believed to be sisters. The sisters had an argument and split, the elder sister left the town, taking her Kid away with her. Since then the circle was always incomplete and the Black family could never step foot in this town." 

"So what's this got to do with us?" I ask, confused. 

"It is believed that only when the circle is complete and when the members are all present, will the members of the black family be able to step in this town. Now that there are five of you and both the sisters also present, the sixth wouldn't be far afar."

"But until we find the sixth member, the Black Family won't be able to make it to town, can it ?"

"For all you know it could be one amongst you.  There was a prophecy which lies hidden somewhere in an old Grimoire which we couldn't open and I doubt you can either," she says and I was wondering who could it be. 

Wait, it is that book we found in the tower and only Lili could open it. Is this what Lilia read the other day? Oh shit, what more is it to come!

"Does this mean that the Black family will be back?"

"Yes, it is believed that they were cursed to roam forever on this land. So, they are probably not that far." She says with fear clear in her eyes.

"Who do you mean by they?"

" The family of the Town head-- the Blacks. They were cursed to become nightwalkers and never be able to do any sane thing under the sun."

"So the black family are the nightwalkers?" I say desperately trying to hide my fear. Kylian was a vampire, aren't they call nightwalkers, and the tale told sounds eerily similar?

I excuse myself and go in search of Kylian; I need some answers. Where is he?

I was going to my home to call Lilia when I hear someone calling out to me.

"Iddy, Iddy. Stop!" I turn around to see Em a few feet away running towards me.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Li — Lilia. She is scared, probably in danger." she says panting beside me.

"What are you talking?"

"I just felt this sudden emotion of helplessness in me, and it sure wasn't mine. Neither is it yours, and Lili is the next closest person here. So I guess Lilia needs our help."

"Where is she ?"

"Last I saw she was heading home."

Something tells me she isn't in the house.

"Not the house, you search the garage and I'll check the outhouse." Something tells me I'll find her there.

"Text me if you find her," she says running off to the barn.

I brisk walk to the outhouse and looks like someone was home. I go around to the window when I see Kylian and Lilia standing there, fear clear on Lilia's face. I sure am no match for a vampire, nevertheless, I make my way by in jumping through the window knocking off a few things on the table.

"Ahh!" screams Lilia upon hearing the commotion. Kylian on the other hand seems unfazed.

"Should have knocked on the door, would have welcomed you in." he says gesturing me to take a seat beside Lilia.

"Are you all right?" I ask, standing next to her.

"Yeah, for now." She says sighing.

"What happen?" I ask, turning to look at Kylian.

"I can't tell it again, but brace yourself. The devil is back." He says getting out of the room.

It confused me. Who is this 'Devil'? I turn to look at Lili who was still in a shock and she just sits there staring at space.

Author's Note:

Well guys, finally an update. I hope you like this chapter.

Hit the star and drop a comment.

Until the next chapter.

Lots of love,
           ~Vaishnavi.