Rendezvous with You-know-who

Spell for the day :

Petrificus Totalus

For all the potter heads out there, this one is for you .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Lilia's POV **

Dad!

I won't be able to forgive myself if something happens to my dad.

I text a text from Em, but I ignore it. I need to find my dad, quickly. What if that monster struck again? And is my dad it's prey this time?

With all these thoughts buzzing in my head, we go to search for any clue that might lead us to where he might be. I wasn't even able to hear my phone ring amidst all this.

I turn to see Ingrid, who was also panicking but was better at hiding it.

I search the surroundings but I don't see my dad or even something to show the 'monster' dragged my dad from here.

"Lili, I already scanned the whole area. Your dad isn't here." Kylian says, standing next to me, running his hand through his hair.

"What if he is unconscious and unable to respond?" I say, finally getting the words out.

"Lili, I tracked him using the scent of this blood. Whoever this belongs to is no longer here. Maybe he was taken elsewhere!"

I couldn't come in terms with this. Was my dad killed and then taken away somewhere?

"I don't think he'd actually want the body. He'd usually leave his victims where he killed them. Doesn't really bother much with the cleaning." Kylian adds, referring to the monster who killed him.

"Then where did my dad disappear? He couldn't have just vanished into thin air. Someone took him away. ," Ingrid yells and I hear her echo over and over.

I look around to see the adjoining forest and see that it's dark and not a place I'd want to be after sunset. The evening light slowly dims, giving way to the evening stars and hints of the full moon were visible in the sky above.

The sun set pretty quickly, and the gloomy night above set the perfect mood for this situation.

"Let's arrange a search party and go look for dad in the forest," I say, even tho I'd not want to step there, I had to for my dad.

"You told you scanned the area, weren't you able to scan the forest?" Ingrid asks, turning to look at Kylian.

"No, too many scents in the forest. It's hard to pinpoint this one. Maybe if I go a little closer, I'll be able to locate it."

"Okay, I'm coming in with you," I say and prepare myself mentally.

"So am I. Let's go." Ingrid states, determined. 

We walk together into the forest with the flashlights on our phones showing the way. Kylian was guiding us into the forest, with Ingrid right behind me.

The moss and the twigs underneath us are creaking with every step we take and the trees were getting dense with every passing step.

The sky was no longer visible, nor was the bright moonlight. I was flashing my lights around to see if I can find any hints of blood or my dad.

"Ingrid, sense anything?" I ask, hoping her magic helps us. 

"I can't sense things, Lili."

Dejected, I turn around and follow Kylian.