Prologue

Welcome readers!

I'm back with a fully planned new epic novel, so please support it the way you guys supported "There's Always A Reason..."

Hope you like it!

A/N: Any covers or banners or aesthetics are welcome

   °°°°°°
Leila's POV

"Sean?!" I yelled over to my mate, the Vampire King.

"Leila?" He barely whispered showing off how much he preferred his phone over me.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked with wide eyes as I walked into the bedroom from the balcony.

"What did I do now? Please, enlighten me." He said with an amused smile as he walked over to me and shook my chin playfully.

I just kept on looking at him, completely expressionless.

"Don't give me that look. I didn't kill anyone." His tone was serious.

"You are killing me. With boredom." I snapped.

"I thought you were going to say 'killing me. With kindness.'"
He joked and started laughing himself.

"That wasn't funny, in case you didn't notice," I mentioned.

"Okay, okay. I get it. What do you want to do? Shopping?" He asked as if he was being too nice.

I scoffed and asked,
"What makes you think I'm a shopaholic?"

"All the girls are." He said with a shrug.

"Excuse me? Do not awaken the feminist in me."
I warned him with my pointing finger.

"Alright! I get it! What now?!" He asked in a soft scream of frustration.

I giggled, enjoying his small fit.

It had been a few months since Sean, the Vampire king, and I, the only human of my family, accepted each other as mates.

He had his reasons and I had mine to reject each other in the first place.

He didn't want to have a human mate, given, it practically didn't help him in any way to better rule his kingdom, which he had taken over at a very young age.

I, on the other hand, already had two vampire brothers and so two vampire sister-in-laws. Not to mention, who were super sweet.

However, this 'mate' bond, which humans may take in as 'girlfriend/boyfriend relationship' was much much more natural and strong.

Over time, somewhere between getting rid of each other, we both got more tangled with each other.

Many years ago, when Sean was very young and I was maybe a newborn, a Werewolf Revolt took place in my hometown, The Wild Heights. By the time the revolt passed, so did Sean and my parents.

"Shopping," I said with a slight shrug and started walking away. I was definitely not a shopping lover but pulling Sean's leg was more important.

"Leila!" He yelled after me.

I chuckled as I walked downstairs and met Eve, Sean's head maid. She more like a mother to both of us rather than just a head maid. She was all Sean had throughout his years of facing the bitter life.