Chapter 21

Sean's POV

I called Leila. The phone rang and so did my ears with Leila's broken voice.

The ringing bells were going off but Leila didn't pick it. One side of me was happy because I didn't want to upset or anger up Leila. At the same time, I wanted to let her on to not expect to look forward to meeting me.

"Yeah, hey. Sorry, phone was upstairs in my room and I was busy downstairs. When will you be here? The sooner you come, the better it will be."

And...I was done.

"Yeah, it's okay. Um, Leila, we won't be coming..."
I spoke as slowly as I could, wishing the ticking clock would get stuck.

Gosh Sean, you're the Vampire King! Stop being afraid of a human girl!

"Sorry, come again?"
She snapped immediately.

"You know, it's been a long day and-"

"Who 'we'?"
She cut me off in a low tone.

I swear, I didn't want to hurt her!

"Max, Eve and I."
I replied in a whisper.

All this time, Max was holding on to his dear life with a pillow.

"None of you?"
She dragged her words, completely heartbroken.

"Yeah, I-I mean no, no."
I literally stuttered.

"Why? What will I tell everyone? How could you guys bail out on us? Emily and I? It's not only about you two, it's about Emily and-and have you guys thought what'd Alex and Sim and everyone else think of you? What happened to your 'reputation means everything'? I-I can't believe it!"

Now, it was literally Leila's all expectable reactions at once.

At once, she was so upset and then angry and then, all of a sudden, disappointed and then frustrated.

I sighed inwardly and tried to come up with some nice explanation.

"Leila, it's been a long day. I'm just not feeling...well."
I sighed with an exhausted voice.

It was true. I was actually not feeling like going there and trying to 'reputation means everything'.

"Long day? That was the best you could come up with? Eve? She's into this with you both...both...don't make me curse at you!"
She was seriously throwing a heavy tantrum over me without even throwing it.

"No, Eve wants to come but if Max and I are not coming, she'd feel uneasy and...she's ready to hit Max and I with spatula."
I spoke like a scardey cat.

For a few moments, she didn't reply. It was utter silence, like the deadly, horrifying silence.

"Okay."
It came suddenly from her side.

"What? Okay?"
I asked perplexed.

"Yeah, why not? You're not a kid that I'll have to tell you who to meet and who not to."
She replied with this weird confidence.

"Yeah...?"
It was hard to guess whether I was asking her or telling her.

"Yeah. Just the way you don't have to tell me who to meet and who not to."
Now, that was unexpected.

"Okay, where's this conversation exactly going? I-"

"I can meet whoever I want! Whether it's Kyle or, or Daniel or Luke!"

"Who the hell are Daniel and Luke?!"
All of my guilt was gone in a minute.

"I don't know!"
She yelled back.