Chapter 26

Kyle's POV

"But he's at his office. I guess he's in the middle of a meeting or something."
I said with a shrug.

I knew Leila was trying to put me off because Sean didn't like his mate to be with me.

But, my desperation to be with Leila for some time was on its height, since I had to continue with her brainwashing.

In response, Leila just nodded her head slowly.

She's similar to Sean, in away. Both are stubborn and hard to convince.

My restlessness couldn't increase anymore, however, I avoided letting it show.

"It's not like you're uncomfortable with me, right?"
Definitely, she was.
If because of nothing, she would be because of Sean's distaste towards me.

"No, of course, no. It's not like that but don't you think I'd be hesitant considering Sean is my mate?"
She said with a mischievous smile.
Toned and genuine but mischievous.

Is it because of Sean's mention as her mate?
Why are mates so cheesy?

I just passed a small, disheartened smile, suppressing my irritation.

She was definitely hard to hit a nerve of.
So like Sean.

"I suppose I won't be graced with some fun time with you?"
I asked in a low voice.

I was trying to sound as discouraged as I could with my frustration floating on the surface.

She just looked away and pressed her lips against each other tightly.
Maybe, it was a sign that a had stirred something in her that caused her to reconsider her decision.

Just because you have a mate, it doesn't mean you're their slave! Come on, I won't kill you!

She hadn't answered me yet so I had to push her somehow.

"You know what? It's alright."
I said with a wave of my hand and an innocent smile, dearly hoping for her to object.

"I guess...maybe we can have some fun together."
Her voice was still filled with doubt but it was everything I could get from her at that time.

What if she's agreeing just to judge you throughout?

Well, that isn't an issue.

I was startled myself at her sudden rebellious act.

"Really?!"
I said, voicing my shock with excitement.

"Yeah..."
She trailed off with a hint of shyness.

She does have this extraordinary element in herself. She's this badass and this shy damsel at the same time. If Sean wasn't her mate, any guy would fall for her flexibility.

She was adorable at times and dangerous at some. Like the first time I met her, she was being so...rudely straightforward.

"Come on, then."
I said, encouraging her to sit in my car.

In a second, we were driving off to a nearby ice cream parlor.

"You know, if you want I won't tell Sean about this."
I said while driving and seeing ahead, not looking her in the eyes for I had started executing my plan slowly but impactfully.

"I don't keep things from Sean."
She said with a mixture of a scoff and chuckle.

"What if he gets mad at you?"
I was trying to provoke a sense of slavery and vulnerability while trying to sound caring.