Chapter 6

Leila's POV

As soon as I had seen Sean, I felt as if there was someone to whom I could hand over my problems. I broke in front of him and cried like I had never before. 

Emily was missing and it was nothing less than a disaster for me and Zack. I, obviously didn't expect Sean to be worried about Emily like Zack or me.

Emily, Zack and I were inseparable and now when Em was missing, we were beyond devastated.

When I came in the room, Sean was attending a meeting but regardless, I ran to him and hugged him with all my might. He told everyone else to go away.

I sobbed in desperation and Sean kept on uttering all soothing words he could but due to my already occupied consciousness, I couldn't make out most of those words.

"Leila, stop!"
Sean suddenly yelled and I finally came back to my senses. I stopped blabbering things I wasn't sure of, but still couldn't keep myself from crying.

He hugged me tightly and it was so sincere that I wished I didn't have to go elsewhere.

Suddenly, Eve hurried in and asked,
"What's wrong?" 

I still didn't pull back but I felt Sean shrugging. I shut my eyes so tightly that they fell sore.

After a while, when I was a little stable, I pulled back and sniffed still not looking directly in Sean's eyes. I slowly walked to the couch resting at a little distance.

I sat down, and Sean came along. He sat on his knees in front of me.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked nervously.

"It's-it's Em." I said and again started weeping.

"What about Emily?" He asked. 

I was trying to give a sequence to words so I could explain the situation briefly.

"Leila, honey what is it?"
This time it was Eve who put her hand on my shoulder.

"She's mis-missing. We-" It was taking so much of me to talk to them. I sniffed again.

"We can't find her."
I said and then my energy to resist myself from sobbing, drained and I broke out more vigorously than I thought I could.
Sean again just hugged me tightly and constantly kissed my forehead.

Eve and Sean looked at each other with a frown.

In such situations, one had very less time to take in the news of someone's abduction quickly and I understood their uncertainty.

"Emily?"
We heard someone breathing and we all gazed towards the door where Max was standing with an expression I couldn't explain. 

It was worry, anger, frustration and restlessness. All mixed in one.

We all were speechless including him. No one knew how to react further.

Max's frown only deepened more and he rushed outside. Sean looked at me and I nodded to encourage him to go to him.

He used his superspeed and ran behind Max.

Eve looked at me with a crease. 

"What will happen now?" I asked out of blue.

"God knows." She whispered back.

.....

Zack's POV

I stopped the car in front of Sean's place. Although Sean was my best friend's mate, we never had a proper one-on-one conversation.

Sometimes, I got a feeling that he didn't like me much. It wasn't a surprise since Leila was one with no hesitation 'cause she was practically the spoilt princess.