Chapter 1

Yay! The first chapter!

Sean's POV

So practically, I had done shopping with my mate, eaten good food with her, talked about everything she wanted to, and was finally going to do some work.

I had just dropped Leila at the doorsteps, satisfied when I saw her going inside.

So...was she satisfied?
Yes.

Was she happy?
No.

Leila was a very demanding person. As it only had been a few months since we both accepted each other as mates, I had more settling and managing to do than Leila.

She had lived her whole life among people who could die for her. Well, I loved her far more than any single of them could but, none of them was the Vampire King.

Managing your mate and responsibilities all at once sometimes became too stressful for me. But, I didn't complain about Leila's behavior.

She was used to being compromised for and not compromising herself.

If she didn't care whether I was with her or not, she wouldn't complain as well.

Since Leila and I had been together, she was always too cranky or moody.

But I acted wisely with patience 'cause I knew she was expecting all of the attention and time from me.

Of course, I was acting as carefully as I could. I didn't ever want to lose her. Ever.

I was heading back to my car after dropping her as I had to reach my office as soon as I could.

I had received a call from Ben, one of my officials, who told me that they had recognized 'him' and he was exactly who I didn't want him to be.

Since the past few weeks, his sightings were reported throughout my kingdom.

If these reports were correct, something bad was on its way.

To be honest, I was scared of him because I had something he didn't. Dignity.

I never ran from the enemy, no matter how hard it was to win. But just like the last time, he'd always flee like a coward he was.

I wasn't only the Vampire King now, I was a vampire mate as well. Leila was completely my responsibility.

But the fact she was a human, made me think of every possible torturous, vulnerable scenario involving her.

What if he tried to hurt her and I couldn't save her?

If I didn't have Leila, I didn't want anything else. Everything else was meaningless to me.

I had freaked out for a moment.

Unexpectedly, I felt tension and worry in Leila. I could hear her running heartbeat even at such a distance.

I stopped in my tracks.
What's going on?

Suddenly, Leila screamed my name. It was far louder than I could guess Leila could yell.

Her heartbeat still pacing furiously, I used my superspeed and ran to her.

Thank God, the door was open. I ran inside and saw Leila with her back towards me. A guy was standing right in front of her.

He was grinning and then he tilted his head to a side and looked at me, never dropping his grin.
The problem was, I knew that grin a little too much.