Chapter 27

Leila's POV

I waited for a few moments until Blaire opened the door to Sean's place.

"Hello, madam."
Blair greeted me with a weak smile.

"Hey! How've you been?"
I asked her cheerfully as I made my way into the home.

"Good. You?"
When I first saw Blair at Sean's place, she seemed so depressed and frightened but now, she seemed much more...alive.

"Nice enough. Is Sean home?"

"Yes, ma'am. He's in his bedroom."
She gave me a slight nod.
"It feels so different when you're not here."
Her words were sweet as I, involuntarily, smiled again. It was clear how she always drew a line between the both of us and tried to remain at her side of the line and that line was, surely, Sean the Great.

"How's it different?"
Blair and I walked inside the living room.

"You know, Sir doesn't come back home till late and when he's not around, no one gives me steady orders and so I feel like life's got boring."
She replied with a sheepish smile.

I let out a full, hearty laugh.

"You know, he's still up there."
I teased her with a one-sided smile.

"I thought, I should take the risk."
She shrugged as we both heard footsteps descending from the stairs.

We both turned our heads to see Sean coming over with no expressions at all.

For a moment, I felt mad at him. Till last night, we both were dying to see each other again but here he was, giving off such an unwelcoming vibe.

Plus, he should've opened the door himself or at least be downstairs, considering he knew I'd be coming over.

You're just overreacting. It's okay. Don't be such an attention seeker.

He looked at me so...emotionlessly.

So, I also didn't smile at him or anything. I just eyed him, with no intensity or passion.

The time seemed to drag itself. The moments weren't passing by. I longed for everything to be normal and back to the lovely way things were.
I didn't show my eagerness on the outside but on the inside, I was dying for Sean to be that lovestruck inamorato again.

But, something about his demeanor clearly showed something was extremely wicked.

He shifted his gaze from me to Blair, who gave out an unwilling shudder.

He didn't even pass her a single hint of any emotion. No anger, no irritation. Just void.

However, he gave a small nod and with that Blair ambled off to some other part of the house.

Finally, Sean walked over to me and hugged me with his arms wrapped around my waist.
Now, with slightly twitched lips.

I also gave a frail smile back as I pulled back.

"How've you been?"
His question came in a low voice. He was smiling but it wasn't genuine. I just knew it.

"What's wrong?"
I questioned him back without answering his question. His behavior was making me anxious.

He didn't answer me. Instead, he just kept on looking at me with eyes filled with a weird spectrum
of disappointment, anger, and guilt swirling.

He sighed deeply with his arms still wrapped around my waist.

"What? What is it?"
I asked impatiently.

He just turned his gaze down. He seemed oddly...defeated.