Chapter 7

Zack's POV

Nothing could be heard, not even the whistling wind.

"What do you mean?"
Alex asked gaining a little conscious.

"We can't find her. She's missing." Ace and Anna gasped while Sim and Alex looked at each other with stern faces.

Suddenly, Alex and Sim ran towards the door and so did I.

I didn't look back behind to see how the girls reacted.

I knew, things were going to happen now.

   .....

Kyle's POV ( *gasps* )

"Alright. Keep me updated."
I said through the phone and then ended the call.

Emily, Leila's best friend had been kidnapped.

According to the news that I had received, Leila was devastated. Max and Sean were searching for her all over the territory. Even Leila's family and other friend, Zack was also finding her. 

I must say, these people do have a heart and a unique passion for each other.

I smirked while feeling the warmth of the Sun rays. Maybe, their heart was all that I needed.

"You're awake."
I heard the melodious voice I wanted to hear for several years.

I turned back and saw mom standing in the door frame with a tray full of different items.

Oh, I've missed this.

I smiled at her and she placed the tray on the bed as she came to me.

She took my forehead and kissed it. When she pulled back, I noticed tears in her eyes. A huge smile also accompanied.

"What's wrong?" I asked and she just chuckled.

"I've missed you a lot. You don't know how much I've suffered just to see you again."
She said with courage in her eyes.

Whatever I did, the most suffered one was my mom. I was her only son and she loved me more than anything else in the World.

"Where were you gone?" She asked with curiosity.

"Somewhere safe."
I said with a smile and she got that I didn't want to talk about it any further so she dropped the subject too with a smile.

I sat down at the bed with her and a voice echoed from the doorway.

"Oh my. God protect this lovely scene from the evil eye."
I looked at her with a smirk. Then, she smirked.

"Oh my. May God protect me from your evil eye, Ms. Judy."
I said with a crunched nose and we all laughed.

Ruby Strigoi was my mother and Judy Strigoi was my younger sister, making Sean my cousin.

This family reunion was all that I needed.

.....

Sean's POV

When I saw Max going away, I looked towards Leila who gave me a nod, signalling me to go after him. As I followed him while screaming his name, he just ignored me.

"Max. Max, wait." I yelled at him and then he turned back and screamed,

"Wait for what?! A miracle?"

I finally stood face to face with him,

"No, but doing things in haste will only worsen the situation."
I tried to assure him but he kept on shaking his head already making plans in his mind.