Chapter 2

Leila's POV

My eyes popped open as a sweet, muscular fragrance hit my nose.

I took in the scent and looked at the dressing table where Sean was getting ready, probably for office. I looked around and noticed how the room was a little too bright.

"Hey. You're up."
Sean said with a smile as he walked over to me and kissed my forehead. He sat down beside me.

"Yeah." It was all I could mumble out.

"School?" He asked as if confirming if I'd skip it today or not.

"Yeah. I've still got half an hour."
I told him as I placed my head in his laps.

He chuckled at my laziness.

"Hey, I'll go back home from there."
I told him.

"Can't you stay for a few more days?"
He asked with an annoyed groan.

"No. It's already been too many."
I told him still sleepy.

"At least stop till dinner. I'll drop you afterwards."
He said with a pleading tone.

I didn't like leaving him too but...

"Why can't you stay forever?"
He almost whispered.

I raised my head and looked at him a little surprised.

I was starting to feel guilty now but I don't know why but I felt that I had to keep on alternating between Sean's house and well, my brothers' house.

It felt wrong to either entirely barge into Sean's house or to entirely leave my brothers' house.
I no longer knew which house was mine.

"Maybe because I won't come back if I don't leave."
I tried to relax him.

"Or maybe...you can just stay here forever so you'll never have to leave."
He said while holding my hand and I was still staring at him like he had said something out of this world.

After a moment of silent thinking, I replied,
"Okay...I'll give it a thought."
I said with determination while taking in a big breath.

His eyes lit up with happiness and hope.

"But!"
I interrupted him while showing my index finger not wanting him to hope too much.

"Not until summer, I'd need some time to adjust with such a big change."

The way he reacted, I could easily tell how much he wanted to resist but still, didn't.

"Fine."
He sighed, trying to give an assuring smile and I again laid back on the pillow.

He went back to the dressing table and wore his coat.

"Goodbye, love."
He said as he kissed my forehead and I yawned.

"Goodbye."
I replied with a sweet smile too.

Then he went away and I got back to sleeping.

   °°°°°

I got out of the shower with a towel wrapped around me. I went to the walk-in wardrobe and picked out a jeans and a white T-shirt which had 'New York City ❤' written over it.

I put them on and dried my hair. Then I took my converses and wore them.

Satisfied completely that I was ready, I went downstairs and just when I crossed the T.V lounge, I froze.

It was him.

I went inside the room and glared him though he was busy staring out the window. Maybe, he didn't notice me.