Chapter 13

Leila's POV

I saw that the caller was Sean and I instantly got confused, whether should I take it or not?

I decided that I should. Emily was certainly tired right now and I needed someone to talk to. Who could be better than my own mate?

"Hey." I said a little silently.

I don't know why, but just the thought of talking to him made me feel butterflies in my stomach. I turned all happy-happy.

And I didn't like it.

"Leila?" Sean asked to make sure this weird shy-girl was the same wild Leila he saw earlier.

"Sean." I replied.

'I...just called."
Sean replied a little stuttering.

"Oh my, why am I so nervous all of a sudden?"
He mumbled to himself but I obviously heard him. I giggled internally. 

"How's Max?"
I asked trying to change the sole topic which was nothing.

"He's...a little off but otherwise, he's really happy."
Sean replied with a heavy sigh.

"Why is he off?" I asked with confusion.

......

Sean's POV

"Why is he off?" Leila asked with confusion.

Now it was this moment that I didn't know how to explain the matter to her without sounding too negative.

"Uh...'cause he wanted Emily to come with him."
I told her a partial lie.

"Oh really?"
She asked with surprise.

"Yeah, and probably because...um...Emily stood up for Kyle.
" I tried to tell her in the most simple way possible though I knew I sounded unsure. 

"...Is that wrong?"
She asked taking her moment.

"Yeah...like no, a...little."
I replied and sighed heavily with frustration.

"Is he...jealous? Like...Emily just told him what happened."
She snapped back trying to defend her friend.

I frowned though she couldn't see me.

"Leila?"
I don't know why but I again took her name as if to confirm she was the one I was talking to.

"Sean."
She replied back in an obvious tone.

"It's not called being jealous...it's called being protective."
I fired back, now fully angry.

"Or maybe it's called being narrow-minded?"
It wasn't the first time Leila and I were quarreling but it was definitely the first time she was being so...blunt.

"Really? I would've done the same."
I told her honestly. 

I wasn't so sure before, but after this fight I was 100% sure that it was Emily's fault and Max's reaction was natural. 

Emily and Leila should actually start acting a little bit more responsible and mature rather than being so happy-go-lucky.

"Then you're no better."
She said sternly and my jaw dropped. 

"Woah, hold on. Your friend messed up my friend now don't you mess me up!"

"Huh?"
Her reply was simple but actually filled with annoyance.

"You're picking sides now?"
She added.

"I'm not picking sides but you girls should at least think once keeping yourselves in our place."