Chapter 19

Max's POV

"It went well. The new alpha is so young."
I said a little frowning as Sean and I slowly made our way to his office.

"Is that a good thing or a bad?" Sean asked with a playful smile.

"Honestly, it's creepy." I said while faking a shiver.

"I was also very young when I had to take over the throne. Trust me, the younger the better."
Sean was showing off really smoothly with a very wise vibe. But vibes don't work on bestfriends.

"Yeah right. I'm also saying that looking at you." I joked back with seriousness.

He looked at me with a shocked expression and then we both broke down laughing like the crackheads we were.

"Ah...you're a little too happy these days. I'm worried dude."
I mumbled as soon as we could talk a little, getting out of our laughing session.

"Look at you..."
He fired back enthususiatically.

He walked to his table and sat down on it.

So not Sean.

"What's that?"
I asked as I noticed a strange file placed near the edge of the table.

He arched his eyebrow and looked at it. His frown only deepening.

"What is it?"
I asked getting impatient. Instead of replying, he started shuffling throught the pages.

"What the hell is this?!"
He was practically fuming now.

"What is it?"
I also yelled back. He handed me the file violenty while breathing harshly.

After a quick over-reading, I could understand Sean's reaction.

In the file, it was clearly stated that the guy who attacked Sean years ago, wasn't Kyle but some other guy named Michael Drogg.

The documents stated all information about him including his family background, age and whatnot. The only piece of information missing were his whereabouts.

The Michael guy looked quite spot and expressionless by his looks, who knew he would turn out to be a criminal.

Sean picked his telephone and called, probably, his assisstant. "Call everyone involved in Kyle Strigoi's case! Now!"
He yelled and slammed the receiver as loudly as he could.

"And so the boat of our lives sank."
I muttered in my mouth and Sean gave me a look that told me that he had heard my short story.

We heard a hesitating knock on the office door. Before Kyle could reply harshly, I did instead with an 'okay'.

The receptionist came rushing in.
"Sir, the meeting has been called. Everyone will be here in 15 minutes."
She told us and I can swear that I saw her sweating.

"Good."
I replied and she scurried away with a nod.

"Why are you so mad about it? If he didn't attack then-"

"You're blaming me for being mad on my crazy cousin ?! As if you don't know how much easier things would've been if he was proved the attacker."
He snapped back at me.

"I get your point, but...it is what it is."
I tried to calm him but he clearly refused to do so.

"Max, Kyle out there means a maniac and a criminal on loose."

.....

Eve's POV (Surprise surprise)

I was busy watching my favourite cooking show when Blaire, our blonde maid, rushed in and had an expression of utter surprise.

"Where's the ghost you just saw?" I mocked her.

"Behind me."
She mumbled in her mouth but I heard her. I saw behind her and I saw an annoyed ghost coming.

"Well hello Eve. How're you holding up?"

"Nice enough. What brought you here Ruby?"
I asked pretending to be not digusted at her sudden visit.

"I thought I should pay you guys a visit, seeing my son has now been declared as innocent. Truth always comes out, this way or the other, Eve."
So she came here just to taunt me and my family.

"Innocent? Well...I'm not too quick to believe, Ruby."
I replied with a smile and a firm look. She just chuckled.

"Where's my nephew? Didn't anyone teach him it's bad manners to not greet your Aunt?" The biggest issue with Ruby, that made her unbearable, was her habit of continuous taunting.

"He's at his office, working, obviously. What would you like to drink?"
Why did she have to ask so foolish questions.

"And where's his...human mate?" Instead of answering my question, she asked another question in a shushed tone.

I sighed and replied,
"She's out as well."

"Has she moved in yet?" Her question was so bewildering.

Thank God Sean wasn't here or he would've felt embarassed answering this.

"No, not yet. But, she will soon." She just gave a surpressed smirk and nodded.

"I still can't believe that the Vampires' Kingdom relies in the hands of a human, our biggest enemy."
She said with disgust.

"Not everything goes the way one wants. I'm sure Leila will help you to change your opinion. Sean has."

"Say what you want to ease yourself, Eve, but you also know that it's nothing but a shame for our family to have an ordinary human as one of our royalties."

"What is it, Ruby? Game of Thrones? Out there in the real World, not everybody has this narrowmindedness as you. You seriously need to move on from these things."

"Easy said than done. My father-in-law, the great Vampire King gave his throne to his younger son, Sean's father, instead of my husband. Don't you think it was unfair not only to my husband but even to my son. The throne Sean's ruling, rightfully belongs to my son. Trust me, I genuinely care for this throne and the one who rules over it."

She said as if under a trance.

"I know you feel like you've been wronged but trust me, it was for the best."
I mumbled but she only snorted in reply.

.....

Leila's POV

It was almost evening and getting to meet everyone in one place at the same time hyped me.

Finally, I had the chance to not to stress over when I'll meet my brothers or my mate.

I just didn't like how things seemed to be so simple in my life while being perfectly complicated.

I wasn't complaining but I wonder how life would've been if I had ordinary brothers and Sean was also just an imperfect human guy.

Maybe, these abnormalitites in my life made it so...flavored.

The dinner, tonight, was important. All the best things and the worst things that ever happened to me would be in one place.
My loved ones being my best and their supernature being my worst.