Chapter 10

Leila's POV

"How about Max comes too?"
I suggested with a smile, hoping he'd say yes.

Max also deserved some relaxation. This chaos had left everyone exhausted.

"Sure, only I don't know if he would."
Sean replied with a sigh.

"I know he's devastated but, we must try."
I replied and he nodded.

He called Max in front of me.

"Hey, buddy. Where are you?" Sean asked enthusiastically in order to brighten up his mood too.

"'Cause Leila says that you should come with us to the Martins."
He replied to something Max had asked.

"Come on, Max. What will I tell Leila? You refused?"
He used me as an excuse.
How typical.

"Max."
He said after Max had replied.

"Good. In 5 minutes?"
He asked and passed me a smile with a nod.

I also smiled and suddenly my energy level raised.

"Okay."
He said with a slightly dropped smile. My smile dropped too with furrowed eyebrows.

He hung up and looked me with a sigh.

"What?" I asked.

"He's coming but he said he's going to need some time."
Sean replied with a smile but I knew he was himself tired and hurt. I smiled back to raise his morale.

He smiled back, this time more original. I got up and went to the bedroom.

I changed into a baggy grey t-shirt and a black jeans. I wore my hair in a pony tail and put on some white converses.

I went down and Sean was again on his phone, talking to someone in an angry tone.

.....

Sean's POV

Leila had went upstairs probably to change. I'd called an officer to check up on Emily's hunt.

"So, progress?" I asked.

The man was silent in the beginning and finally replied hesitantly,
"Sorry, sir."

This fumed me.

"What do you mean sorry? I don't need your sorry. Find her!" I whisper-yelled at him.

I heard Leila's footsteps coming downstairs, so I lowered my voice.

The officer started giving some stupid excuses so I cut him off with utter irritation,
"Just...find her!"

Then, I hung the call and turned to find Leila looking damn pretty, the usual.

"Pretty as always."
I said with a smile to which she replied with a blush.

"Let's go."
I said as I side-hugged her and walked away with her.

We drove to her home. Today, there was a quirky silence, one that was frightening.

I noticed Leila's hesitance.

"It's going to be okay."
I said with a smile as I took her hand in my hand. She nodded with a heavy breath.

We got off and walked to the door. She knocked and ater a few knocks, Ace opened.

She saw me and Leila and then sighed, breathing out her exhaustion. She hugged Leila. Sorrow and grief was evident in her gestures.

Thy pulled apart and she passed me a nod with a hurt smile. I passed a similar reaction.
We went inside.