Chapter 24

Sean's POV

Although, it was taking everything if mine to break that soft yet strong kiss, I still did.

I pulled away and Leila and I gasped for air.
I had let the thrilling and intoxicating kiss say everything I had to tell Leila.
What I was feeling was beyond words could ever merely explain.

Though, her few keen but eloquent words had shaken me up completely. Every hormone of my body was the witness of the exhilaration only she could torture me with.

"Woah, that was something."
Leila said taking her time between her breaths.

I just chuckled in my now hoarse voice.

Leila gulped and gained some control over her breathing while I still needed help to get my mind straight.

It wasn't my first kiss with Leila but it was surely the sincerest and the most vigorous one.

"I love you."
I confessed once again though Leila already knew that.

Tonight, not only did she tell me that but showed me.

She let go this melodious laugh and hugged me again.

If that's how we'll always make up after every fight, I can fight even over toothpaste.

"I love you too...as extremely as a human can."
She told me so effortlessly and confidently that with her every word, I knew I was drowning deeper and deeper into the waters from where I could never return ~ love.

I snuggled closer to her neck yet teasing by giving her another another peck. She just smiled with a soft flinch. I didn't mind since I knew she was sensitive around her neck.

We remained like that for quite some time.

Finally, Leila pulled back and eyed me.

She bit her lips and I noticed her glossy eyes.

"Won't you come with me tonight?"
I asked, voice now filled with worry.

She shook her head no and hugged me again, which I returned,
"I won't, not tonight. But, I'll definitely tomorrow. First thing after school."

"Then why are you so upset?"
I asked, stroking her mesmerizing hair back and forth.

"'Cause I'm missing you and you're not even gone yet."
She answered whining.
I was losing count of times when I felt like I was falling for her all over again.

I couldn't help but let out a hearty laugh.
I pulled her back and kissed her forehead hard enough to let the sensation stay there.

I gave her a small peck on her lips and said,
"Love, then simply come along. It's not like I'll keep you waiting for availability."

I had a constant smile plastered on my face.

It was probably the first time I, uncontrollably, held a constant smile on my face without getting tired.

"I can't. Not tonight. It would seem so abrupt to leave like this. I'll come back right after school."

Leila was telling me that she couldn't but I could see how much eager she was to.

"Hmm, that's a problem."
I muttered.

I had to admit that when it came to relationships, Leila was far more considerate and mature than me.

"See here, so now I'll call you right a second away after I'm home, okay? We'll talk through the night and somehow try to survive till we're together again tomorrow. Good?"
I asked her trying to brighten up her mood and trying the mournful truth to not dawn over me.