Epilogue

Third Person POV

There sat Leila Martin on the sofa, just beside the huge glass window, letting the blinding and burning sunlight creep up over her bare skin.

Life was...weird. Literally, it belonged to one but nothing about it actually went down according to one.

Gentle yet alluring footsteps yanked Leila out of her trance as she shifted her position to glance back at Sean, standing there in all his glory with hands crossed over chest.

A hint of a smug but innocent smile playing on his lips as he just kept on eyeing his mate, the one he had tried so hard to protect.

He could stand there for ages to come and eras to pass, just looking at her and being astonished as to how could God create such beauty and even send her among the sinners...but only if time allowed him to.

"What?" The brunette asked while tucking back a hair strand behind her ear. She wasn't feeling shy or awkward, it was the euphoric, lonely smile of her mate that had captivated her.

"Nothing..." The sharp-featured guy made his way to the sofa to sit as close to his mate as possible so their bodies were brushing past each other, "except that I love you."

The girl couldn't help - it couldn't be helped - how irresistibly she smiled, causing her eyes to seem almost shut and her moist, pulpy lips to stretch. It was too delirious for her.

"In that case, " she turned to face Sean while locking their hands together, "consider yourself lucky, gentleman, for I love you too." She spoke in a royal tone as if she was addressing someone divine.

A peal of laughter erupted in response. Sean found it tremendously humorous, her tone, her style, her choice of words. The way she couldn't hide her glee. Her witty comments always shocked Sean.

She was just a human, a vulnerable human, but the way she had him wrapped around her finger was quite impressive.

Soon after, both of them were only two lovers, sitting in an eloquent silence with loquacious grins with their heads resting on the sofa-back in their living room.

The broad, golden hue of sunlight danced on Sean's face, highlighting each of his perfect, sharp features.

"What?" He asked in a flat tone although Sean already knew that with that penetrating gaze, his mate had already got something.

"I had the same question for you." The brunette's eyes were dripping with curiosity. She couldn't fathom why her mate was the victor and still seemed so lost.

"I'm fine." He looked at her with an exhausted smile.

"You're tired." She declared with more confidence than Sean had in his smile.

He understood it was idiotic to hide it away from his mate, and so he let it slip away with a smile because he didn't mean to stress her over such a trivial thing,
"I am."

"Why?" Leila's mind was blank; not even a single guess she could make.

What could possibly be bugging her mate?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Sean's question was more intended to pull the girl's leg than to ask her.

"You're confusing me. I don't do confused." She stated.

Out of amusement, a cute smile made Sean's face light up.

"I mean, you got what you wanted. Then why this face?" Leila asked while shrinking her shoulders with a plain face.

"And what did I want exactly?" Sean sat up straight and interrogated with a mischievous smirk. He knew exactly what was coming but he wanted to play the naughty guy.