Chapter 22

Sean's POV

Leila didn't even spare me a single glance. Not even a disgusted or angry one.

This was going to be hard for me.

"Hey."
Kyle said somewhat nervously.

All of us just nodded. I didn't want Leila's family to feel the tension between Kyle and us but, Leila's words kept on hitting me.

She said she wouldn't care if I told her to stay away from this serial killer.

She needed to understand that our fights are our fights. She was comparing two totally opposite cases just for getting back at me.

But, I knew I couldn't stop her from disobeyng me given she was quite angry and stubborn right now.

Sometimes, I felt that Leila wasn't a 17 year old but a 7 year old. You had to make her like things for her to like things.

"Hey. How's it going?"
Max asked trying to keep it casual.

"Cool. I just came 5 minutes ago."
He stole us with a shrug.

"Want to sit down?"
Alex said and all of us sat down in the Living Room.

Everyone started talking about this and that but the girls kept silent.

Emily was sitting on the couch while Leila was sitting on its edge. Emily just seemed so into the conversation between the elders that she she didn't even glance towards Max.

And Leila, well, she was too mad to look at me.
I really wanted to tell her that I didn't mean things the way she was taking them.

If only I knew, how much she was looking up to this dinner, I would've left everything for it.

I thought, it was just one of those simple homey dinners, but I guess I was wrong.

I gave Max that I-really-want-to-make-it-right look and his reaction was quite similar to mine.

He shrugged looking at me and I sighed in defeat.

I decided to stare Leila until, out of instinct, she'd at least glance over to me.

I didn't like the fact, I, The Vampire King, was so vulnerable and desperate for someone's single glance.

But, then again, might I look like some loser, I was doing it for my mate. Who was far more important to me than anyone else.

I couldn't help but accept how Leila was looking absolutely breathtaking with her white dress and brown shoes. 

You know those moments of sudden realization, when you actually see it clearly how much lucky you are 'cause you have her.

I was having those moments...hit me really hard.

Her loose hair and hoops were looking really...killer.

I, unconsiously, gulped harshly.

Keep it straight, Sean. Keep it straight. She's mad at you.

.....

Leila's POV

I could feel Sean's deep stare at the side of my neck.

It was every ounce of me to not look back at him.

I wonder, what had gotten into him that he was continuously looking at me so shamelessly.

I mean, without thinking how everyone could think of him being so lovey-dovey. Since he had a reputation to keep.

I was so lost in my thoughts and degrading Sean that when I heard a soft cough, my head ultimately turned to Sean.