Chapter 12

Sean's POV

I totally forgot about Kyle. He was standing in the corner of the cabin like he was some innocent, shy guy.

I didn't give off any rude or hard expressions 'cause I just felt like it wasn't the right time to let my suspicions and disgust out.

How did he know where Emily was kept. I, being the King, was facing issues in finding her out. Then, how could he?

"That's alright. I'm glad that jerk didn't hurt her much...physically."
He said with little playful eyes while looking at Emily as if there was something just they both knew.

"Though, she may need some treatment for her throat. She, definitely has some special guts for screaming."
He said with a half smile as if trying to lighten the tension.

He was talking here with humor like no one in the world could be more pious than him.

Pious, huh, my foot!

I couldn't understand how he was fooling everyone around and no one seemed to remember how much of an evil snake he was.

What is going on?

"He, literally, saved me today. That guy...seemed mentally unstable."
Emily said with a hint of terror in her voice.

Max walked to her and hugged her again tightly.

"It's okay. I got you now."
Max mumbled.

Okay wait. What's happening again? Am I the only one who's noticing how much of a fake act Kyle's putting up?

Emily pulled back and smiled at Max.
She knew how much Max loved her. He would do anything just to keep her safe.

I noticed how Leila was also just looking here and there trying to interpret the situation.

She was doing the same as I was, feeling how unsurprised everyone's reaction was and yet not saying a word.

Emily went to stand with Leila and both of them intertwined their hands, reflecting how strong they were no matter how broken.

I didn't say a word to Kyle because although as the King, I had all rights to question him. However as just Leila's Sean, it was Max's right to question him.

I looked at Leila again and this time she caught me. She didn't react in any way for some time. Instead, she kept it all normal, like she was trying to make sure what was going on in my mind.

Then just for a second, she looked at Kyle and then at me again with a raised eyebrow.

I was confirmed, she was as suspicious as me. I shrugged lightly in response.

"How did you know...Emily was here?"
Max asked with narrowed eyes.

Finally!

Leila and I both looked at Kyle. Now, everyone else also eyed him with doubts.

"Yeah, I mean thanks for finding her but...it's not like no one else was."
Leila finally showed her amazement as well.

One thing Leila and I had common was, stoneheart.
Indeed Leila was a very  observant and a sensitive girl but when it came to being even and it seemed like someone could harm our loved ones, she was as brutal as me.

So, she was standing there, stone hearted. No expressions, no emotions and all questions.

I noticed Emily shivering a little but Leila squeezed her hand gently and she calmed herself.

"I guess, you still have some questions unanswered."
Max said finally gaining his senses back.

What could be said? Mates could do that to a fine man. Losing your mate even for a day was more than enough to kill a vampire.