Chapter 16

Kyle's POV

After introducing Michael, the crooked alpha directly started,

"With all due respect, leaving all the formalities out, I'm most interested in getting to know the reason for this emergency meeting."

"Well...what makes you think this is an 'emergency meeting'?"
I asked with a smile on the outside and a disgusted face on the inside.

Instead of replying with a straight face, he sighed heavily.

"Mr. Strigoi, the thing is, I don't seem to understand why I would be called by someone who is suspected of commiting some unforgivable crimes."

"Are you trying to impose that you feel 'disgraced' by having to sit down with me for a few minutes."
He was getting on my nerves now.

"Indeed no, instead, I'm trying to impose that I am concerned about the reputation held by me and my pack."
He replied as if I was being too negative.

"Ah...Can't blame you for that. Can I?"
I literally wanted to choke him now.

"Now, getting back on the topic, as you know that a new pack wants to enter our kingdom and soon enough, our 'great king' would definitely seek this matter with you."
I informed him with a hint of smirk.

"Yes. So, if I may ask, what it has to do with you?"
He asked being the idiot I had thought of him to be.

"Nothing that you need to know of."
I replied sternly.

"Mr. Strigoi, is there something you want me to do?"
Something in his wicked smile told me that he was more of a cunning man than an idiotic one.

"Let them in."
I ordered.

After a silence of few minutes, he finally continued,
"I would have, but the problem is, why would I help someone our 'great king' despises?"

He got my nerve. I ran to him and holding him by the collar, I jerked his head on the wall.

Meruz got up, probably to counterattack but Michael handled him.

"First things first, let us remind who is the immortal here and who's just a dog."
The true colours of fear and disgust were eminent on his face.

"Besides, you're probably mistaken, our 'great king' could never prove me as the criminal, the counting finishes till it's your turn."
I said with a sinister voice as my urge to kill this dog risened.

But I contained myself and gave him a sympathetic smile.

Then I let go of him and honestly, he was breathing so heavily that I thought he might die any moment.

.....

Max's POV

Should I ask her or not? What if she gets mad at me? What if she thinks that this is wrong or she thinks that I'm selfish and I don't care about her?

It's okay, Max. You have to ask or else, how will you know?

"Oh, this is heaven."
Emily mumbled as she took in another sip of her favorite coffee.
I could only smile at her innocence.

The vintage-themed café and the slow jazz music only made the place more homey. Emily had asked me to drive her to this café since it was her favorite.

"Max...back to Earth."
She said while looking at me with blinking eyes.

"Ah, yes."
I, unintentionally, said.

"What is it?"
She blurted now confirmed.

"Nothing, I'm good."
I don't know why I was again and again refusing.