Three

December 13 / Park

"I asked. didn't I," his eyes were beautiful. He returns to look up at the sky and so do I. "So how did you end up there?" I ask.

"I was late to Chemistry in fourth period. Thought it would be funny to show up to class wearing an orange jumpsuit and handcuffs on and tell Mr.Karrington saying I broke out of jail. My sense of humor didn't seem too funny to him,". He laughed, "That's what led me to detention. Perfect way to start off my first day at school. Made quite the impression though".

So he was new. That's why I've never seen him around before. I'm always one to observe everything and everyone around me.

"That's pretty hilarious, random, but hilarious" I say.

BZZ BZZ

My phone vibrates. I look at my phone and had three missed text messages from Harrison:

(1) Hey, you can come over now. I've got some History homework but left my textbook at school. Can you bring yours? 4:20 pm

(2) Where are you? 4:30 pm

(2) Should I come over to your place instead? We should really get started. 4:55 pm

Shoot. I forgot about that. I looked at Joba and he had closed his eyes. I gently tapped him on the shoulder, "I've gotta go. My friends waiting for me. Umm, I'll see you around".

"Sure," He said watching me as I was stood up. "Wait, before you go and I will possible not see you anytime soon. Can I get your number?"

My number? What is going on? No boy has ever asked me for my number?

"Oh. You want my number?" I ask unsure if he was being serious.

"Yes. Here, write it on this piece of paper", he ripped the corner from a piece of paper in his backpack and hands me a pencil. I write down my phone number. (819) 283-937.

"Here," I gave him back the paper and pen and walked away.

I look back and catch him smiling down at the paper then looked up towards my direction and waved goodbye. I get on my blue bike and ride away.

-

I arrive at Harrison's house and knock on his door.

The door opens, "what took you so long?". I went inside. We went upstairs into his bedroom. It's a good thing his parents weren't home, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to go in there. It's not as if we would get intimate or anything. He's my best friend! I would never. That's gross.

"Sorry I was at the park and I didn't get your messages until now", I said as I sat down on his bed. "Do you know a guy names Joba? I think he's new" I asked him.

"He's in my history class. He seems like a cool dude. Why?"

"He asked for my number" I said, holding back a small smile. I just feel shocked. This is what it must feel like for the popular girls at school who are getting their phone number asked by boys.

"What do you mean? Did you give it to him? I hope you didn't. You don't even know him. Why would you give your number to some random dude?", Harrison asked me sounding irritated.

"Well we both had detention and after that, I saw him at the park. We had a conversation and it felt nice"

Doo doo oh. Someone with the area code 737 called my phone. I usually never get phone calls, so I guess it must be Joba. Do I pick up? Why would he be calling me omg. A text would have been good enough.