Four

December 13 / Champion House

"What the heck?" I am so confused. I extend my neck forward and wrinkle my eyebrows making sure I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing.
It is Joba. "What are you doing in my house!?". This day is getting weirder.

"This is your house? Wait.. is Matt your boyfriend?" He asks, wide-eyed.

Why would he think that? Gross. "That's disgusting. Why would you think that? Eww. No".. Wait. Is Joba the guy that Matt said was coming over? "When you asked to hang out earlier at some dude's house, did you mean hang out with my brother?".

"Your brother?", Joba says shocked to hear that.

"Unfortunately. I guess me saying no to hanging out worked out pretty well. It would have been totally wierd to have arrived at my own house, which you invited me to".

"Didn't you have homework?"

"I was getting to it, but I fell asleep. History isn't my best subject".

"Neither is math".

I look like an idiot. And I just smile.

"Yea,". He looks nervous, "Well I was gonna go to the bathroom, but I can't find it which is why I'm outside of you're door, talking to you. Right now..".

Oh. "It's in door down the hall".

He smiles and walks to the bathroom. Did that just happen? This is so unexpected. I stand up and walk over to my vanity, but trip over my textbook that must have fallen from my lap when I drifted off to sleep. I look in the mirror, attempting to fix my hair and making sure my makeup doesn't look smudged or ruined after that nap. I grab my phone to text Harrison:
You'll never guess who's here!! Call me!

I also glance at the time and it's 8pm.

I decide to put my hair down and I brush it out. I grab a makeup wipe and wipe my eyes because the mascara I was wearing smudged and made me look like a bride who had just cried. The only makeup I wear is mascara. I realize I have on my watermelon socks. That's embarrassing. I put on some simple, grey socks. I take off the jeans I wore today and put on a baby blue cropped tank top along with some spandex. I peek outside my door making sure Joba is still in the bathroom. He is.
I go into the living room.

The tv is still turned on and Matt is still on the sofa , but is laying down."Matt", I whisper. He's on his phone and when he turns to me, he looks at me strangely.

"What do you want."

"You didn't tell me the friend you were having over is Joba!". I don't see Tavia anywhere. She must have left. Probably why Joba assumed I was Matt's girlfriend. I still can't believe he thought that.

"Yea. So. How do you know him? He's a senior". He seems irritated.

"We hung out today after detention for a while. He's new to the school, you know". I lean against the back of the couch behind Matt.

"I know". He knows I hung out with him? "How do you know that? Did he tell you?", I say.

"Yes, and wait you hung out? Why?". I think he was referring to he knows Joba is new.

"Well I just saw him and he came over to say hello and we just talked to a bit". I hear the bathroom door close and footsteps coming closer.

"We can't have the same friends, Billie."

Well, I wouldn't consider us even being friends. I mean it wouldn't be a bad thing we were.

Joba enters the living room, "hey sorry I took long..." he looks at me. "hi".

I blush, "hi".

"Go away", Matt says. "Joba and I were gonna watch a movie now". Sounds fun. I mean only because Joba is here. Joba smiles at me and then sits down with Matt on the opposite end of the couch.

Joba says to Matt, while looking at me, "Why doesn't she just watch it with us?"

"Whatever", says Matt. "We're going to watch..". He hasn't even picked one. He's literally taking so long to pick a movie on Netflix. I grab a seat on the love seat sofa next to the one where Matt and Joba are sitting.

I suggest, "Why don't we watch A Walk to Remember?". A classic and sad movie. The only movies I will ever be caught watching will be romantic dramas.

Matt gives me a disgusted look, and turns back to the tv. He's so mean.

"That's a good movie. I think it's a classic and who doesn't love to shed a tear or two", says Joba to Matt.

Matt sighs, and types it in the search bar. I have my eyes set on the tv but I can feel Joba look at me from the corner of my eye. "I'm gonna go make some popcorn". I go into the kitchen to make it, then go back.

The movie starts and halfway through, I get distracted by Matt's loud and obnoxious snoring. Joba and I look at him, then laugh.

I forget about the popcorn so I get it and sit down. I'm so into the movie I forget to offer Joba some. Another stupid thing I did today.

We continue watching the movie and when Landon finds out that Jamie is sick and asks his father to help her in some way, I did shed a tear. He really did love her and that just made me cry even more. I sometimes wish my life were like a movie. I wipe my face and sniff. I could feel Joba looking at me, but I stay watching the movie. He gets up and sits next to me. I feel comfortable around him. Its getting late and I fall asleep.

••••
A/N

Next chapter will be of Joba's POV and will have some good stuff happening.
Thank you for still reading!