twenty three.

January 2 / Champion House

It's Friday already and school starts on Monday meaning I better make the best of these last three days. Again I have no plans and Harrison doesn't land in Houston until Sunday night. Joba is with Sahar, she leaves later today and Matt is at Romil's House again with everyone else.

Rummaging through the box of movies I placed on top of my desk, I pick a movie. I sigh as I sit it bed turning on the the tv on to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's . I love this movie it's fucking crazy how Joba knew me so well before he knew me.

In case any sudden visitors stop by, I change into some green suede pants with a black cami crop top . I grab some snacks from the stash I keep beside my bed and make myself comfortable.

I'm deep into the movie when I get a message from Matt.

Matt: Since Sahars leaving today, Joba wants us all to get together at Romil's. I'll pick you up or you could grab a ride from Tavia. Let me know

A little get to together sounds nice. When I see Joba I'll have to tell him how I feel about him and that I feel the same way.

He probably thought I was sleeping when he said he loved me but I was slightly awake. I wasn't sure at first if he really did say what he said, but after listening to him go on about how he thinks I'm good for him and all this other stuff, I was sure. I want to tell him the same but I'm afraid too. The timing just doesn't seem right because I can't just blurt it out. but I also don't want to wait too long. Either way he doesn't know I know, I don't think.

I send Matt a text letting him know I'll ride along with Tavia.

An hour later, I get a text from Tavia letting me know she's waiting for me outside now. I grab a few essential items like my Burt's Bees lip balm, hair ties and a denim jacket since it's chilly out. I bring my disposable camera too. I love using those because it's a more authentic way of taking pictures.

The ride is silent. Tavia and I aren't that close. The only thing we have in common is Matt and we haven't had a chance to get to know each other that well.

She doesn't go to high school either so there's no seeing her around there. She's twenty but Matt has always been into older women. I don't find anything wrong with that obviously. Joba's older than I as well. If it works, then it works and that's fine by me.

Romil's House

When we get there, everyone except Joba and Romil is settled in the living room doing their own thing.

Tavia makes her way to the kitchen to grab some snacks that the boys set out on the island. Dom and Merlyn are playing video games but I don't know which game it is. Lots of killing though. Kevin is sitting on a chair getting his teeth fitted for a grill by a bald man covered in tattoos.

He nods at me when he sees me. I wave, then see Matt slouching in the sofa on his phone.

Sahar gives me a hug, "Hi Billie! You look so cute!".

"thanks so do you", I compliment her back.
"How are you?", I then ask giving her a cheeky smile.

"Bummed. If I could stay longer I would. It was so much fun coming down". She says sitting down next to Merlyn, who is deeply captivated in the game.

I remember Harrison wanted Sahar's phone number. I ask Sahar if I could give it to him and she accepts, "Of course. He was such a sweetie. He reminds me of my little brother", she giggles.

I don't think that's what Harrison would have wanted her to say. I send him a quick text anyways.

Joba who enters from the backyard comes over to me and hugs me. He gives me a soft kiss on my cheek, "Hey love".