five

December 13 / Champion House

Joba's POV:
We watch the movie and I see Billie get emotional. I sit next to her and minutes later, her head falls onto my shoulder. She sleeps on my shoulder. Its late now. I look at my phone and it's 11pm. I look at her and she looks peacefully asleep. She's even more beautiful. I get butterflies and I don't know why. Her big, curly, brown hair touches my bare arm, it tickles but it feels silky and it's just so pretty. It smells like roses. There's just something about her that makes me want to have her by my side all the time even though I met her for the first time earlier today.

She moves a little but stays asleep. I look to the other sofa and Matt is waking up now. I whisper yell to him, "Hey Matt. Your sister fell asleep". He looks over in daze, ignoring the fact that she and I were located on the same sofa as I was sitting with him before and tells me to just get up.

"Here just lift her head and set it down on the sofa. What time is it?" He says, looking for the time. I tell him it's 11. I lay her head gently on the sofa

Matt goes into Billie's room and brings out a blanket to put over her.

"Man, u should be going home. Get some sleep", he says faintly in a tired voice. This was a long day but I'm not complaining. I didn't think I would end up here today, though I'm glad I did. "Yea, thanks though. I'll see ya in school" I say as I step exit their house.

Billie's POV
I wake up on the couch alone. There's a blanket over me, maybe Joba put it on me? I cant stop thinking about last night. I think it's probably like 8 in the morning. I look at the time on my phone, and I'm right. I have two missed calls from Harrison, from yesterday. I should call him back. He's usually awake at this time. He says it helps him be more productive and get things done faster. Not me, I sleep in until 12 but I guess I had a good slumber tonight. Actually, it was a good one.

I FaceTime him and he picks up, "You never sent the history pages!".

"Sorry, sorry. I will after I tell you this".

"This better be good".

"Well when Joba invited me to hang out, turns out he was talking about coming to my house to hang out Matt and Tavia! So then, we kind of hung out. And the-".

Harrison interrupts me,"Really? That's coincidental. What if he knew Matt was your brother and found his way into making sure he was invited to your house?"

"Don't be crazy Harrison", I roll my eyes. Harrison is just protective of me since Nick has always been mean to me and hates to see me hurt. He's a good friend and I appreciate it, but sometimes it can be a little annoying.

Harrison sighs, "Well it does sound like you like him. Not to mention that it's still crazy but I'll accept. I won't say anything else about it. Just do you".

"Thank you and I love you. I'll call you later".

"Text me. Love you". He hangs up. I quickly send him pictures I had taken before of the history reading.

Matt comes into the living room and sits next to me, "Why were you sleeping on Joba. I don't think you should be doing that. You're like too young for that". Does he just come near me to bother me.

"Did I?", oh my gosh. Again, I make a complete fool of myself. "Did he say anything?". I worry I did.

"No, he seemed to enjoy it. But whatever, Me and Tavs are gonna go mini golfing in a bit then hang out at her place. Mom and dad should be back by midnight, meaning I won't be back until midnight".

"So what do I do for the whole day?". I ask, seriously thinking of what I could do because I have no idea. I text Harrison:
Hey, my brothers gonna be gone all day and I'll be alone with nothing to do )): wanna hang?

He immediately responds back: Sorry, parents making me clean out the other half of the garage.

Matt leaves the house and says goodbye then reminds me there's still mac and cheese left in the kitchen. I settle myself in my bed getting ready to binge watch 1980s horror films all day. I even have a stash of candy and chips inside my nightstand drawer. I'm craving some pizza so I put in an order for delivery.

The pizza delivery man is here so I open the door and it's Nick. Can this really be happening?