Part 22

HAPPY READING

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE⭐️, COMMENTS, AND SHARE THIS STORY TO YOUR FRIENDS!💙

Love, Caramel

Revenge is dangerous but payback is more painful. It will deceive you and make you crumble. It maybe sweet but it'll torture you inside.
-anon❤️
____________________________________

Hannah Juliet Xacar:

Finally, after hours of working... I am done for today. Its still 7 p.m. though, but I've worked from 7 a.m. without a single break, well except for 10 minutes lunchtime which I spent by drinking my latte and taking a big bite of my avocado toast.

I am now walking through the street, on my way home. I am not a big fan of using a car, its still traumatized me a bit. It's better now, but I tend to avoid it as I am still afraid if it takes too long my trauma will eventually attack me back.

A hand suddenly stopped me from walking. I looked up to the owners before my eyes widen, not expecting our meeting...again.

Jeffrey Romeo Xander

"Are you avoiding me, Ms. Xacar?" I shook my head too soon.

"What? Pfft...no! That's not true- Why would I do that? " I chuckled awkwardly, assuring him once again as I kept trying to let his hand off mine smoothly.

"Why won't you reply to my text and calls then? It has been a week since you ignore me, Juliet..." Perfectly annoyed and anger are the best expressions that clearly can be seen from his face.

Well here's a little catch-up, in case you all have been wondering. After my last interaction with him at the party- thank God I could escape that night and was saved by my Papa's bodyguards who apparently were ordered to look for Sean, Valentine, and I.

I don't know from where did he get my number but he kept terrorizing me with hundreds of texts and calls, which eventually made me block his number...upss.

There also one time when i saw him entering the hospital to look for me. How did i know? All of his bodyguards were spread to look for me.

So I had to hide somewhere for hours, where no men can come in- the ladies bathroom.

After that I never saw him again or heard from him because I blocked his number- and i think he was busy dealing with some businessman in Europe- i saw the news on the internet "The great Jeffrey Xander signed a billion contract with bla...bla...bla...bla...."

"I...uh... I was busy!" I reasoned. "You know, I have tons of patient to check and to look after every day. And anyway...i don't think we have any unfinished business, Mr. Xander." I was about to runaway from the scene but apparently i wasn't fast enough before he caught my arm again this time.

His face went closer so i tried to back-away a little. But it was useless since he also circled his arm around my waist to make me stay in my previous position.  "Ms. Xacar, for your information-

we have a lot of unfinished business." He whispered the last part beside my ears.

Please don't remind me of the past

***

Sitting with a view while having a delicious hot pasta in front of me is ,of course, a blessing. Except for one thing right now...

"You still don't want to admit that you're Valentine?" He said. He had finished his steak just a few seconds ago and now he's wiping the corner of his mouth with a napkin gently like an aristocrat person. Oh he is.

I put my cutlery down with a loud noise consciously so he can sense my annoyance. "How many times do I have to tell you that my name is Hannah Juliet Xacar since birth! Are you questioning my birth certificate now?"

Did he hit his head or something? Seriously... I think he's obsessed with the name Valentine.

"Liar. You still don't want to admit it, don't you? Then how about this one..." I got nervous when his face is now just an inch away from me. He just stood from his sit a few seconds ago and now i clearly feel his breathe.

"Valentine... is she really your child with Sean?" He said with gritted teeth as I saw anger has completely seen from his face.

Oh...

That...

Stupid Sean...Why did he have to say that Valentine is my daughter...

"Well she is just my niece but I've been playing as a mother role in her life ever since her real mother passed away." I said truthfully. He backed away and stood out straight again while looking through the view.

It was an awkward silence between us before I use this opportunity to excuse myself and was about to get out immediately.

"Where do you think you are going?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Of course, home. We're now clear, are we? Now...that we don't have any unfinished business anymore. Please stop disturbing me." I pleaded him while taking a step further after using my coat again and grabbed my handbag. "Have a good life, Mr. Xan-"

This possessive idiot freakin kiss me again! and now he trapped me between the wall. He is so close that there are no space anymore between our bodies. After minutes of literally kissing the hell out of me he finally stop his lips movement on mine. I was running out of breathe and exhausted. At the other hand, he was so calm and satisfied.

"What the freak, Jeffrey!?" I exclaimed loudly while pushing his body hard to stay away from me. I'm running out of patient now. This jerk really need an etiquette lesson and how to stop kissing other people without the other person agreement.

I inhaled deeply before throwing daggers from my eyes to him. I was this close to escape as I walk to the exit door before Jeffrey slammed the door close and walking to me slowly with his dangerous look.

What now?

"Ckckck...Valentine,do you think I will let you slip easily this time?"

" After what you've done to me." His voice raised dangerously at the last sentence, making me squirmed back.

"Back away, Romeo!" I quicken my breath as i look around.

Oh God... help me!

He senses my fear as he dangerously smirked and stepped forward more as I kept moving backwards until my back hit the wall. Bye world.

"Oh no darling, this time...i will make sure to let you feel what I felt-"

"and be ready... because payback is painful."He whispered to my ear before slumped his lips on mine.

I think it will be more than the word painful.

I, Hannah Juliet Xacar,

regret ever breaking his heart.

To be continued