The Second Task

~Tessa's POV~

I was once again freaking out. It was the day of the second task. Harry and I still had no idea how to get past it

We were supposed to spend an hour underwater, looking for something that was taken from us.

Our main question was this- How the bloody hell were we meant to be underwater for an HOUR straight???

I was freaking out and for some reason the only person who could calm me down at the moment was NOWHERE TO BE FOUND

He better have a good excuse to not be here.

I hadn't seen Draco since the day before. Moody had come to tell him that Dumbledore wanted to talk to him and I hadn't seen him since

Harry and I were walking with Neville down to the Black Lake. Neville was telling us all kinds of facts.

"Neville. No offense but unless you have a magic plant that can help us breathe underwater, we really don't care" Harry said

"Oh! But I do!" He took a pile of what looked like wet weeds out of his pocket and handed it to me.

I looked at it in disgust as it sort of wiggled in my hand.

"What is this.." I said quietly

"It's gillyweed! If you eat it, you'll be able to breathe underwater!" He said happily

"Eat it" I repeated. I handed it to Harry and wiped my hands on my swim suit in disgust

"Brilliant" Harry said with a forced smile.

We got down to the water and Neville broke off to join the crowd.

I looked to see if Draco was here and couldn't find him. I sighed softly. Ron and Hermione were gone too.

Dumbledore began to explain the task.

I wasn't really paying attention. I watched as Harry split the disgusting plant in two piles and handed one to me.

As Dumbledore finished up, Harry and I both choked down the gillyweed.

Immediately I felt agony as the task started. The other champions jumped into the water. But Harry and I just cringed in agony.

Suddenly we were both pushed into the water.

The pain became worse, it felt like my neck was being ripped open. But then it stopped.

I actually took a breath in. I looked at Harry and saw that he had gills. I felt my neck and felt that I had them too.

We both had webbed feet and fingers.

Harry grinned at me and then used all his force and power to shoot above the water.

He splashed back down and looked at me. I nodded at him and we began to swim into the depths.

We swam for a while. We swam past Fleur. She had a bubble over her head.

We both looked at her then continued forward.

After a moment, we found a large empty area. At the floor of the area were large rocks. Tied to those rocks were ropes. Tied to those ropes were students.

Harry and I quickly swam over.

Ron and Hermione floated there lifelessly.

I gasped when I saw that Draco was also in the lifeless sleep that affected the others.