Amortentia

~Tessa's POV~

I sighed as Harry and I walked into the Great Hall on the first day of term

"Wonder who the newest Defense Against the Dark Arts professor is going to be" Seamus said as we sat down

"Can't be much worse then last year" Dean joked.

As if on cue, Dumbledore stood.

"Attention please!" He said, "there are quite a few changes this year. First our new Potions Master."

The crowd began murmuring

"Horace Slughorn" Dumbledore gestured to the man he spoke of, "and Professor Snape will be taking over as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor."

The crowd broke into even more conversation, some protests.

"Silence!" Dumbledore said, "Please welcome your new teachers with kind words. Now. Let the feasting begin!"

I looked at the Gryffindors around me

"Seems like Snape finally got his wish.." I said softly

"Yeah just great" Ron grumbled, "looks like Defense Against the Dark Arts isn't going to be fun this year either"

We nodded in agreement

~time skip~

We all stood in the front of the Potions classroom. We surrounded the front desk which had four potions sitting on top of it.

"Now. Who can tell me what each of these Potions are?" Professor Slughorn said

Hermione and I raised our hands at the same time.

"Yes, Miss. Granger" Slughorn said, pointing to Hermione.

She named each one quickly but slowed when she got to the third one.

"And this one... Is Amortentia The world's strongest love potion... It alters itself for each person who comes across it... It releases a smell that attracts you... for example.. I smell new parchment... freshly mown grass.. and... spearmint toothpaste..." she blinked a few times as she realized she was inching closer to the potion.

I looked at the potion curiously and took a deep breath.

I immediately began to smell something quite familiar... peppermint... tea...

It smelt amazing and upon further inspection, I smelt something that made me tear up a little. Draco's cologne. I blinked a little to get rid of the tears and backed away from it.

The smell was so strong and so... enchanting

I wiped my eyes and looked around the room. When I did, I noticed someone who I hadn't before. Draco was here.... Watching me have a small meltdown because of a Potion. I sighed and looked away from him.

~Draco's POV~

I watched her since the moment she came into the classroom. She didn't even notice me.

She joined her friends at the front of the classroom.

I watched as her and Granger competed to help with revealing the names of the Potions. Granger won of course.

She smiled as she watched her friend name each potion. But I noticed a change in her when she looked at the Amortentia. Her mood visibly changed.

I watched as she smelt the potion. She smiled for a moment but after another smell of it, she gasped lightly and stepped away from it, blinking fiercely. I furrowed my brows, what could she have smelt? I already knew what I would've smelt.

Christmas pudding, a fire place, and her. She always smelt amazing... I knew she was what I'd find in that Potion

I watched as she rubbed her eyes and looked around. Then she met my eyes. I saw her eyes widened a little and she looked away from me.

I sighed and rubbed my left forearm. I wanted to tell her. I wanted her to be here for me. But I couldn't tell her... She'd resent me.

More than she already did.

I sighed and huffed a little.

~Tessa's POV~

I doodled silently in my book. Suddenly then door burst open and in came Ron and Harry.

I looked at them and raised a brow. They both shrugged slightly and went to the front of the room.

After Slughorn had told them to get books, Harry sat next to me. His book was tattered and old.

"Nice book" I said

He shrugged and opened it. "Who's the.. Half-blood Prince?" he asked

"I don't know" I said, looking at the book over his shoulder. The book said 'Property of The Half-Blood Prince'

I raised a brow and we both shrugged and began working on the Potion.

With the help of the Half-Blood prince, Harry had perfectly made the potion. He won Slughorn's little competition and won a Felix Felicis, or liquid luck, potion.

"I don't trust it" Hermione said later on.

"What because Harry's better at Potions than you now?" Ron teased. Hermione glared at him.

"I mean I don't trust that you should be following those instructions" Hermione said, "something in there might go wrong"

Harry shrugged "I'll let you know if anything happens" he said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm serious Harry!" Hermione said.

"I am too! It's just a book!" Harry said before going upstairs to his dorm.

I looked at Hermione. She was fuming

"It is just a book Hermione" I said.

She glared at me and I shrugged, standing.

"I'm going to bed" I said before going upstairs.

When I fell asleep, I had dreams of a certain platinum blond Slytherin.