Moody's Secret

~Tessa's POV~

When we got back to the entrance of the maze, there were loud cheers

I shut them out. I couldn't help but cry. I hugged Cedric's body close to me, sobbing uncontrollably into his shirt.

Next to me, Harry was mumbling "no no no no no no"

It wasn't until Fleur screamed that anyone knew there was something wrong.

Dumbledore rushed over and tried to pry me off of Cedric but it didn't work.

"Tessa! Let go! You have to let go!" He hissed as me, trying again to pull me away

"No!" I yelled, pushing him away, clinging to Cedric. Dumbledore look at Harry

"He's back.." Harry said in a shaking voice, "Voldemort's back"

This only made me sob harder. Harry was eventually able to pull me away from Cedric. He hugged me as I cried.

Mr. Diggory began to yell. "That's my son! That's my boy!" He sobbed as he clung to Cedric.

Professor Moody came over to Harry and me and gripped Harry's shoulder.

He roughly pulled Harry up, who pulled me up, and he dragged us away from Cedric.

I fought a little, not wanting to leave Cedric's side. He was so young. He could've gotten so far in life with a brilliant mind such as his. And now... He was gone.

Harry held me to him as Moody dragged us to his office.

He sat us down a couple of chairs. He looked at us for a moment, liking his lips. My grip on Harry's arm tightened

"Well. What was it like?" He asked

"What was what like?" Harry asked. I simply furrowed my brows

"Being so close to the Dark Lord!" Moody said

Harry went to answer but I interrupted him with a gasp

"There's a Death Eater! At Hogwarts! He put out names in! Made sure we got to the end!" I shouted, hoping up, but Moody shoved me back down.

I looked at him in silent surprise. Moody looked crazy. His hair was messier than usual, his good eye was bloodshot and had an insane glint.

"Were there others?" Moody asked, avoiding my gaze

"Others?"

"In the graveyard! Were there others?" Moody asked

"Ye- wait... We never mentioned the graveyard" Harry said

"Marvelous creatures, dragons." He said, "aren't
they? Do you think that miserable oaf would have led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it? Do you think Cedric Diggory would have told you to hold the egg under the water if I hadn't​ have told him first myself? Do you think Neville Longbottom the witless wonder could have provided you with gilliweed, if I hadn't have given him the book that led you straight to it? Huh??" He yelled.

"It was you! It was you all along! You put our names in! You Bewitched Krum!" Harry said, glaring.

Moody mocked him with fake sobbing

"You won because I made it so. You ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so. And now the deed is done. The blood that runs through your veins runs within the Dark Lord. Imagine how he will reward me when he learns that I have once and for all silenced the great Potter Twins." He rose his wand and pointed it at us.

But suddenly, a blast of magic shot him flying into a chair.

Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape came rushing into the room.

Dumbledore took Mad Eye Moody by the neck

"Severus" he said. Snape walked forward and poured a few drops of some potion into Moody's mouth.

"Veritaserum" I mumbled to Harry. "A truth potion"

"Do you know who I am?" Dumbledore asked Mad Eye

"Albus Dumbledore" he croaked

"Are you Alastair Moody?" Dumbledore asked him

"No.."

"Is he here? In this room?" Dumbledore asked. Moody nodded and his magical eye pointed toward a chest.

"Stand back" Dumbledore told us as he stepped toward the chest. The chest opened into several smaller ones until it opened to a large pit.

Inside was none other than Alastair Mad Eye Moody.

"Wait.. if that's Moody.." Harry began

"Then who's.." I pointed at the Moody in the chair.

Snape held up one of Moody's bottles. "Polyjuice" he said

The fake Moody was twitching and jerking. His skin was bubbling fiercely until he began to change into a smaller man with horribly dirty black hair.

"Barty Crouch jr." Dumbledore said

Crouch Jr. yanked up his own sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark tattoo on his arm

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours" he said with a hideous smirk

"Your arm Harry" Dumbledore said, ceasing Harry's arm. He looked at the cut to see it was healing in a strangely skull and snake shape.

"Tessa" he said, looking at my almost identical cut.

"You know what this means don't you?" Crouch jr. said, "it means he's back. Lord Voldemort has returned"

"Send an owl to Azkaban." Dumbledore instructed Snape, "I think they'll find that they're missing a prisoner"

"I'll be welcomed back as a hero" Crouch said, grinning

"Perhaps. Personally I've never had time for heros" Dumbledore responded, leading Harry and I put of the room.

A/n: I stopped procrastinating!